Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interested to hear about CT on PM9

ive been considering the crimson trace for when i carry my pm9 in my weak front pocket for faster targeting. i have been shooting the pm9 weak hand and havent had any issues. i was born left handed anyway. ive always been concerned that the laser could easily be knocked out of position while carrying and would only expect it to be accurate out to around 15' or so.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Josh, you won't regret putting a CTL on your handgun. It is good outdoors on a bright day to about 10 yrds. Indoors, low light or at night it is good way out there 25yrds+ . Light, compact, holds it aim well, rugged.... I have one on my PM40 trigger guard mode. Fantastic. Free batteries for life if you call 1-800-442-2406. I can not say enought positive. I don't understand those that talk it down and can only thing they don't have one, or have not tried it, or have not given it a good chance. Good trigger practice device too. A good tool that will give you a good edge. I rate it 5 stars out of 5.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by garyb; 11-22-2010 at 06:02 AM.

IMO they are great! If you're like me you will want every advantage possible if a bad situation were to arise. I have the laser and I'm putting the xs big dots on my pm9 as soon as the get here.

Default Re: Interested to hear about CT on PM9

Love the CT on my PM9. Rock solid and has stayed aligned through my every day carry.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
    If you have the Crimson Trace laser on the front of the PM9, please discuss the good, bad, and ugly for concealed carry. At personal defense distances, does a semi-auto benefit?

I have the CT grips on my snubby revolver because I may need to defend myself with the revolver held at waist level, due to injury or struggle. But a semi-auto would be limp-wristed in those positions and won't function anyway, right? In other words, doesn't a semi-auto need to be held firmly enough to point shoot at self defense distances (0 to 10 feet or so)?

So, does a laser earn its way (weight-wise) onto a pocket semi-auto pistol for personal defense?

Thanks for your help!
    Have had my CTL on my PM40 for 3 yrs and have been very happy. In no way does it effect concealability. Wonderful in low light situations, but limited performance in bright sun. Does require holsters which fit it and there are several on market. I have 3 different styles, belt, IWB and pocket. Very reliable. Free batteries for life. Not fragile at all. Very stable and has maintained zero with no adjustments even with daily carry (pocket, IWB and belt). I highly recommend them on at least one carry gun, especially for night SD at home. Well worth the value. Give it a try for yourself and if you are not happy, send it back.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

This has been a very interesting thread. Thanks everyone. I got a great deal (I think) on my CM9, with a CTL & 3 extra mags for $550. So far I have only been able to dry fire it, but I have to say I definitely like the CT for that. It is so easy to see if you're on target or not ... and I have pretty thick glasses, so I can use all the help I can get.

Lovin' that Serbu Shortie!

had my crimson trace on my CM9 for several months now,love it more all the time! Easy target acquisition in all but bright sunlight, great for dry firing practice.

Quote Originally Posted by RevRay View Post
    This has been a very interesting thread. Thanks everyone. I got a great deal (I think) on my CM9, with a CTL & 3 extra mags for $550. So far I have only been able to dry fire it, but I have to say I definitely like the CT for that. It is so easy to see if you're on target or not ... and I have pretty thick glasses, so I can use all the help I can get.

Great applications for the CTL. You will find that it will quickly improve your instinctive point and shoot ability too. Just grip the gun (strong hand, weak hand or both hands) and point it at an object without gripping the laser. Then apply a little pressure on the laser button and you can see where you were aiming. With practice you will find that using the laser this way, increases your accuracy to point your gun quickly without using the sights. When guys talk about practicing instinctive point and shoot at the range, I always think about how easy it is to practice this at home without firing a shot. Then when you go to the range, you can test your ability with live fire without going through a box of ammo.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

If I decide to go with a laser it will probably be a green one for better bright light visibility. I practice and shoot with and without my glasses just because you never know. I feel I need to master my carry guns before I think about a laser. I would only buy a laser thar turned on with the grip or automaticly when drawn from the holster. If you need it you wont want to spend time hitting a button out in front somewhere. Just my opinions as a non laser owner but someone who is interested.