Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interested to hear about CT on PM9

+2 for In-Yo-Grill. The deterent factor alone is worth the money, never mine what it will do for tied eyes. I cant speak for the CT on a PM9, but I put one on the kel-tec P3at and I couldnt believe the groups I was getting at 40'. That laser doubled the effective sight range. BTW, I unstitched the Desantis pocket holsetr and restiched to accomodate the CT and you cant tell the difference. Maybe the same can be done with the PM9 for pocket carry. I've been seriously considering the CT for my. PM9
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by medezyner View Post
    BTW, I unstitched the Desantis pocket holsetr and restiched to accomodate the CT and you cant tell the difference.
    I did the same thing with a desantis superfly for my CW9 CT equipted. I also have been using the CT for dry fire practice getting used to the DAO trigger. I also found a Uncle Mike's inside the pant size 15 fits quite nice. It isn't the easiest for reholstering but it is very comfortable.

SCUBASLOW Guest

Love my PM9 with the Laser sight LG-437. Basically, the gun is in one of three places, in my pants, in my car or on my night stand. I'm 65 and need reading galsses. Even with the night sight, would be hard pressed to shoot an intruder from the bed to the door without glasses. BUT, with the CTC the red dot is all I need. Hell, My wife can even do it.
    Bought it for PP and every little bit helps.
    Drop it, well at the price she would probably kick me in the a--.

All I have to say is just buy them! No more fussing with lining up the sights. Many self defense and tactical advantages. Just look at the pics, they speak for themselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like capriaz, I am interested in one for mastering the DAO trigger. I love the PM9 and shoot it well with the night sights, but firing on a snap cap with the laser to tell me how much I'm moving sounds like a good way to get better.
    Kahr PM9, P380, T9, CW9, and a crapload of Glocks.

I wanted a laser for dry fire point shooting in the house. Problem is the laser doesn't stop when you shoot and is a permanent attachment I don't want.

I read about the LaserLyte Pro barrel laser insert that is sound activated by the striker firing for a 100 milliseconds so you can see where you shot. Being in the barrel means nothing else is (a good thing) and it removes very easily and quickly. Consider this if you want a laser for practice. It's $100 which you could save on ammunition.

I confess that based on what I know so far, I want one, but don't have it yet (perhaps for Christmas). My thinking is to do home drills using furniture as barriers, etc. I could work on draw and shoot, etc which I cannot at the range.

If anyone has one please tell us your experience with it.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I don't like the idea of dry firing the gun all the time for practice with that sound activated training laser.

I found the LG-437 on google shopping for $152 shipped.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Having read all the posts on CTL, having watched the CTL CD a couple of times, having seen the compact size, light weight and all the carry options (pocketholster; gould and goodrich; mitch rosen, etc....) which accomodate the PM40 with CTL installed; I see more advantages than disadvantages and will be picking mine up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out when I have time to get things going.

BillC Guest

I'm a newbe to this site. I just read all your comments in this post. I carry a CZ-CPR in Crossbreed or Smart Carry when clothing and activity permits, but a clothing print often prevents carry. After considering many other options, I have decided to purchase a Kahr for pocket and IWB carry. I'm thinking either a CW9. P9 covert or PM9. The CT is a consideration. What is your thinking on this?

Any of those are a good choice for IWB carry, but unless you have some big pockets I'd go smaller than the CW9/P9 size. The PM9 is great for some people, but in dress slacks it looks like I have a heavy fat wallet. Casual or cargo pants are no problem, but I wear slacks 5 days a week. I had been using a Ruger LCP, but I recently got a P380 which works great for me.