Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interested to hear about CT on PM9

BillC Guest

BroncoAZ, thanks for your input, I agree that this may be a problem. I have put a Kel Tec 9 in my pocket, seems to be O.K. Are you saying the PM print will be significantly more noticeable than the Kel Tec 9 print? I usually wear pleated kackies, work jeans or sometimes Lee boot jeans.

I have owned the P9, CW9, and PM9. All three shot great with the P9/CW9 size being the more comfortable to shoot because of the 3 finger grip. I kept the PM9 because of the small size, it is great in an IWB holster. If you're paying the "penalty" of the PM9/P9 Covert only having 2 fingers on the grip with the flush magazine I couldn't keeping the .6" longer slide and barrel. Kahr must have agreed, they don't offer the P9 Covert on their web site anymore. There are a couple threads on here where people have cut the grip on a CW9 to match the P9 Covert size:

http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pist...w9-covert.html

Since this discussion is off topic for the CT forum, we should take this discussion to the P or PM series pistols forum.

PM Series Pistols - KahrTalk Forums
    Kahr PM9, P380, T9, CW9, and a crapload of Glocks.

Since when do we get wrapped around the axle over off topic? I happen to know for a fact that most threads get hijacked on a regular basis. It's like a conversation between two people that know each other. No one starts at the beginning, then a piece of the topic will be discussed, and then move on to another piece of a topic. It's good like that.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I'm not worried about off topic, but I think BillC will get a lot more input from other members if he posted in one of the pistol forums rather than this Crimson Trace laser forum where not too many people read it.
    Kahr PM9, P380, T9, CW9, and a crapload of Glocks.

Good point. I'll shut it now.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

BillC Guest

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your candor. I was going to get around to the CT, but I thought the 1st issue would be which gun and then pros and cons of the CT.
    anyway I appreciate your comments. Bill

Pocket carry PM40W/CT carry's great. Dryfireing with laser got to help. I have been using it /them for weak hand carry and use. only complaint--- cleaning laser after cleaning Kahr-- end up with -tios and 70% rubbiunbg alcohol.
    way back at the funnyfarm, point/instinct shooting was practice by putting grease pencil/lipstick circle on room dressing mirror and while staring at mark draw and point EMPTY weapon. Laser is much much better

PS just read the CT manual. It says to remove laser when cleaning gun!!!!!
    Anybody doing that? That would mean re-alignment every time you clean. If you clean after every shooting, like me, You would be constantly removing it!!

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

On my PM40 the CTL is lined up perfectly with the sights at 15-20 yrds from a bench. It is useful for quick aim from point blank back to 20 yards. Everytime I have removed the CTL, when I replace it, it is in the same spot. I never need to readjust it. Sometimes I remove it for cleaning and sometimes I do not. It depends on the extent of the cleaning I do. The CTL is well under an ounce and size is not an issue. You simply need a holster that fits it www.pocketholsters.com and the gould and goodrich offered by Kahr, both work very well with and without the CTL installed. The CTL on the PM40 makes a fine pocket carry piece. The CTL is very visible on bright days at 10 yrds and under, but not very effective at greater distances. It is simply not bright enough due to regulations on the brightness. However, inside a building it is effective to far greater distances than are probably practical to shoot. It is amazing. Overall, the CTL makes a tremendous addition to the PM40 and would do the same on a PM9. It is an excellent tool for dry fire practice as you get a very good picture for how steady you held. The battery seems to hold up fantastic too. I was originally like most guys that felt the iron sights were all you need and change comes hard. I had my doubts originally when I purchased it, but now I am sold. It is an excellent tool and for ME, it is far faster to be on target with, especially when you are moving or the target is moving. It may not be for everyone because it is another gadget. I just don't leave home without it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by garyb; 11-22-2010 at 05:55 AM.

I'm a believer in these Crimson Trace Laser Sights.

I have them installed on a Glock 26, a G27, a G22, an LCP, and just installed them on a PM9 and PM40.

If you're on the fence on stacking the deck in your favor in just about every defensive situation you might encounter, just do it. Get it.

The PM40 carries just the same in my front pocket as it always did.

Dirty