Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you Bawanna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Damn you Bawanna

Since I got his custom grips, I wear my Kimber stainless TLE II a lot now. Because of this, I was running around with the Old Girl touching my bare flank on a warm day. I stowed her away for a week and now I have a few small rust spots on her. What do you guys rec to remove that without buggering up the satin finish on her. I was thinking a little vinegar. Oil didnt touch the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Since I got his custom grips, I wear my Kimber stainless TLE II a lot now. Because of this, I was running around with the Old Girl touching my bare flank on a warm day. I stowed her away for a week and now I have a few small rust spots on her. What do you guys rec to remove that without buggering up the satin finish on her. I was thinking a little vinegar. Oil didnt touch the spots.
    Ballistol?

Gosh darn it, like I don't hate myself enough already!

I'd try like a brass brush and oil or solvent or a bit of steel wool.

Need to clean and flush it really well after as the steel wool can imbed in the stainless and rust itself. I've done it many times though and never been an issue.

Where exactly is this rust showing up, on or near the grips or slide or what?

I take full responsibility, it's totally my fault, I await my punishment.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nevr-Dull. (Wal-mart). Works like a charm. Don't have to polish afterward. Use it on my Harley's chrome and aluminum.

+1 for NevrDull. We used it by the case when I was in the navy. Just don't throw the bits away when they get black, 'cause they're still usable.

its along the side of the gun, slide and and body where my skin made contact. It isnt a gloss chrome like finish so I am worried whatever I use could make that area look polished.

Bawanna, I wasnt calling you out. I just like the gun so much now I have to wear it.

Sweet, I'm calling this a stay of execution. I'm putting away the rope. Crap took me 56 tries to get the damn thing over a good solid branch.
    An for entertainment sometime, try getting yourself out of a wheelchair and up on a tall stool. NO easy task right there.

I think you'd be ok with a brush and/or the never dull stuff although I've never used it, or heard of it. If it's on a patch it shouldn't remove the texture of the finish.

I'm gonna go massage my neck now. That's life # 7 I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Sweet, I'm calling this a stay of execution. I'm putting away the rope. Crap took me 56 tries to get the damn thing over a good solid branch.
    An for entertainment sometime, try getting yourself out of a wheelchair and up on a tall stool. NO easy task right there.

I think you'd be ok with a brush and/or the never dull stuff although I've never used it, or heard of it. If it's on a patch it shouldn't remove the texture of the finish.

I'm gonna go massage my neck now. That's life # 7 I reckon.
    Its all good. In fact that freek'n holster you turned me onto makes wearing that 45 easy--although it is still mostly part of my winter ensemble. Do you know of a holster of similar design for my P40?

Whatever I try on the rust, I should probably try under the grip so if it does change the look, it would not be seen. I just read an eraser will do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Its all good. In fact that freek'n holster you turned me onto makes wearing that 45 easy--although it is still mostly part of my winter ensemble. Do you know of a holster of similar design for my P40?

Whatever I try on the rust, I should probably try under the grip so if it does change the look, it would not be seen. I just read an eraser will do the trick
    Bob Mernickle can make you that same holster for your P40. I've checked on my PM45 and he said he had the mold and would do it, haven't got around to getting one yet. They are very comfy though. I'd forgotten you got one, you had an issue where you didn't think the trigger was covered enough. Did that work out or you living with it?

I've looked and looked and racked my brains and for the life of me I don't recall what I sent you for grips. Have to check my notes at home I guess. I don't usually forget a grip or where I sent it but it's occurring more and more frequently. Yall think I got dementia?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Bob Mernickle can make you that same holster for your P40. I've checked on my PM45 and he said he had the mold and would do it, haven't got around to getting one yet. They are very comfy though. I'd forgotten you got one, you had an issue where you didn't think the trigger was covered enough. Did that work out or you living with it?

I've looked and looked and racked my brains and for the life of me I don't recall what I sent you for grips. Have to check my notes at home I guess. I don't usually forget a grip or where I sent it but it's occurring more and more frequently. Yall think I got dementia?
    here they are: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...knkali+bawanna

Trig guard is fine just a bit different than yours but it covers the trig enough and with the sfyies I am not worried. I might get one of the holsters for my P40 by them.