CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM9 - Feed ramp pitting

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    My CM40 shows some nicks on the feed ramp, not just on the edges. I polish it, it is pretty smooth but you can see the dings, probably from TMJ ammo banging into it?
    If the metal of the barrel was of such poor quality, that gilding metal jackets were dinging it... I serously suspect that it would not work as a barrel for long.

Question - What takes more abuse, the feed ramp or the rifling?

The plating is coming off the ramp on my PM9, it looks like little dings and such but also has a crater or two... doesn't matter, doesn't effect performance,

Time will tell. So far, no feeding issues.

I remember reading about the modification of the magazine follower but now I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where it was or how to find it? Much appreciated. When I only had one mag I was afraid to attempt this procedure but now that I have two extra ones I'm willing to see if I can really do it.
    Didn't think I was capable of replacing the striker spring on my CM9 either but with the help from you guys I did it without losing a single piece, or letting anything fly clear across the room.

Thanks JFootin. That was a long thread but most of Greg's explanation was on page 2, now all I need is how to remove the base plate on the magazines. Is there any trick to doing it, and what holds it on all the time? Seems I remember something about using a small pick through the holes in the mag to retain the spring while removing/replacing the base plate but that's about the extent of my memory

It is not like a Glock. Just push down on the button and carefully slide the baseplate off, being careful not to let anything fly out and hit you in the face.

Believe I've got it now. Did see another post where the person had to tap the button with a hammer to get it to release, hopefully I won't have to go to that extreme.