Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 Blown

When I had the case ruptures, my case weren't as badly ruptured as that one. I think mine were due to poor cases, but this case looks like maybe a hotter load and weak case. I've had three instances of extractors blowing out... from the same cases that I isolated and was trying to get rid of by shooting them. I only found one of the extractors and I lost one pin because I didn't realize the extractor was gone, but saw on camera later that the pin was hanging out when I tried to chamber another round. The pin fell out and I couldn't find it. I only found one of three extractors and I still don't know why it was under my feet after I cleared my area of everything... down to bare floor, but later as I was getting ready to leave, there it was under my feet!

My side P9 plate is pinned, but the plate slipped over the retainer thingy on that side of the pin and I removed the pin, and just pushed the plate in place, and then inserted the pin.

My P9 experience:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ht=P9+ruptured

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

So what brand of ammo was it, just in case it was ammo related ?

Quote Originally Posted by olympicmotorcars View Post
    So what brand of ammo was it, just in case it was ammo related ?
    The original poster has not said yet and he is off line at this time.

In his picture of the ruptured case it's a WIN headstamp. If that was new ammo, I would be talking to Winchester for my repair bill and the shipping! I'm sure Kahr will fix it, but not for free. That round looked worse than mine... more powerful load!

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The main reason for my posts here is to clear up the claim that Kahr Barrels are not supported. Kahr barrels are supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    A slam fire could have cause the bullet to fire before the lock up, I say that is very possible if the striker was in front of the striker safety instead of behind it. The owners manual talks about that problem and how to correct it and also how it happens. A slam fire would be a user error in re-assembly of the gun after cleaning.
    In a slam fire, wouldn't the primer back out since it ignites before it is held by the bolt face?

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    In a slam fire, wouldn't the primer back out since it ignites before it is held by the bolt face?
    Someone else will need to answer that because I have never had a slam fire. No experiance with any slam fires. Anyone have one?
    I can see a possibility of the blowback pressure keeping the case aginst the bolt face until the case ruptured.
    I have a sig 230 in .380 cal which does not lockup the barrel, it's a blowback design and primers have never backed out.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    I don't wanna piss in anybody's Wheaties, but can someone explain how ammo got that far out of the chamber before the case blew? Thats the point where the barrel is just beginning to lock up to the slide. The bullet should have been long gone, and chamber/barrel pressure well safe before the case began be with drawn from the chamber. That last part can be proven by physics, should anyone want the math, I'll be happy to provide it.

I see another problem. I see... and I'm sorry to say, the striker stuck forward, causing a slam fire.

Just my call without seeing the situation in person.
    Can you explain more about the Kahr slam fire? Is this after slide detail strip, or just field strip for cleaning?

Can we also discuss further the obvious differences between supported and unsupported barrels?
    "So Others May Live"

PM9/night sights/CM9 barrel
    PM40/night sights

Maybe I'm confused.. Here is a pic of the barrel out of the slide with a factory loaded speer gold dot 124gr hp shoved in as far as it will go and as you can see, the case is not "fully" supported.

I'm not trying to play tricks or take pictures at funny angles here..

What am I missing???