Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help please

After every Round slide locks back but not with the slide lock if you bump the rear of the slide it will most of the time chamber the next round

Just to add I just installed a new maintenance kit spring etc. it seem to be catching on the cam I'm thinking nothing seems wore out or broken?

how many rounds have u shot through it??? Is it locking back about all the way back or very close to actually closing??

what model is this even?? can u make the slide do this by just hand racking it with no rounds in the magazine?? with the slide off the gun, can u flip back and forth that cocking cam. It is loaded with a little spring so it should flip back once flipped forward. When it locks back has the slide started to pick up a live round yet or all all rounds still in the magazine??

I know, alot of questions. Mist can be yes or no etc..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

It's a p40 with a couple 1000 rounds thru only does it with rounds in the mag came flips smoothly with slide off locks all the way back slide catch isn't locking it back I do k ow that.

Default Do u

Quote Originally Posted by Zues71 View Post
    It's a p40 with a couple 1000 rounds thru only does it with rounds in the mag came flips smoothly with slide off locks all the way back slide catch isn't locking it back I do k ow that.
    HAVE THE OLD SPRINGS around . Go back to them to see if that issue goes away. If so, then u know it has tobe in the springs somewhere. I have no clue what u call a spring kit either. Normaly the only springs to change ar ethe recoil spring. You have shot the gun enough to know everything about it, so no preaching from me on gun maintenance. If thins changed after the spring kit was installed, then that should be clue #1

tell me more about this spring kit.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

What are you cleaning lubing it with?

Check that the slide lock screw holding the washer is tight, but not too tight! Steel screw into plastic threads... maybe stripped or loose. AND, make sure the right side of the spring is ON TOP of the slide lock actuator!

Spring maintenance kit almost says it all... you "fixed" something that wasn't broken... maybe??

I would post that helpful picture of the slide lock and all, but I started having trouble today here with posting and switched to Chrome as my browser and I can't copy and paste or use many of the message control icons! Actually I can't even do bold print, so be careful!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Says it's not locking on the slide lock, so the slide lock spring is probably fine. I wonder if the recoil spring is just due for a change, not cycling with quite enough hmmmpf to lock up?

Does the barrel hood look good, still nice and flat and not getting peened?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

replacement recoil spring too long

Sorry maintenance kit includes recoil spring, firing pin spring, cam spring, slide clip and screws etc. I went back to old slide clip and screw and problem is still there about ready to send it into kahr. Don't know what else to do.