Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: 11,000 gun murders in 2011 in USA

Default 11,000 gun murders in 2011 in USA

Piers Moron has been brandishing the above statistic from the Center for Disease Control. But what he doesn't say is that the majority of those gun homicides were bad guys killing other bad guys. The CDC also reports that 91% of all gun death victims were felons with an average of 13 convictions. And 93% of the suspects in these same cases are also felons. Omit the BGs killing BGs and, in a country of 350 million people, there were less than 1100 gun murders. Each one is a tragedy but statistically not significant.

The CDC reports a couple other statistics that we may actually be able to help improve. There were about 20,000 gun suicides and 851 accidental gun deaths in 2011. We might be able to avoid some of these tragedies by simply locking our guns up. It is our duty as gun owners to control our weapons at all times. That means, if we are not carrying it, it should be in the safe. It's hard for us to argue for the rights of law abiding citizens if we fail in such a basic responsibility.
    A wise friend once advised me that we should police ourselves before someone else polices us.

(I got my CDC data from Wikipedia)
    ​O|||||||O

Default Re: 11,000 gun murders in 2011 in USA

Piers, a Brit that doesn't know s***

Quote Originally Posted by eireguy View Post
    Piers, a Brit that doesn't know s***
    He obviously doesn't understand rights because he gave up his and is proud of it.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Piers Moron has been brandishing the above statistic from the Center for Disease Control. But what he doesn't say is that the majority of those gun homicides were bad guys killing other bad guys. The CDC also reports that 91% of all gun death victims were felons with an average of 13 convictions. And 93% of the suspects in these same cases are also felons. Omit the BGs killing BGs and, in a country of 350 million people, there were less than 1100 gun murders. Each one is a tragedy but statistically not significant.

The CDC reports a couple other statistics that we may actually be able to help improve. There were about 20,000 gun suicides and 851 accidental gun deaths in 2011. We might be able to avoid some of these tragedies by simply locking our guns up. It is our duty as gun owners to control our weapons at all times. That means, if we are not carrying it, it should be in the safe. It's hard for us to argue for the rights of law abiding citizens if we fail in such a basic responsibility.
    A wise friend once advised me that we should police ourselves before someone else polices us.

(I got my CDC data from Wikipedia)
    I'm good with the suicides. Also with the accidentals to the extent they were morons killing themselves. Not clear all the non-BG/BG homicides were undeserved, either.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I'm good with the suicides. Also with the accidentals to the extent they were morons killing themselves. Not clear all the non-BG/BG homicides were undeserved, either.
    The article said that most of the accidentals were children playing with their parents' weapons. One of the reasons to lock them up.

That's my point about the BGs killing the BGs. Sorry to be cruel but they are sort of doing society a favor. I mean 13 felony convictions each on average?
    ​O|||||||O

Accidentals is a number that gun owners as a group (lead by the NRA) has been successfully driving down for 20yrs now. We should never rest till it reaches zero.
    Suicides are a bit tougher as anyone that set on doing it will still find a way.
    The Piers Moron use of statistics is TV's dumbest sham. He was pounding on one guest with the "fact" that GBs "gun murder" number was a mere 32 for his cherry picked timeframe. What he never lets out of the bag is that Great Britain is statistically the most violent member country in the EC. Because to the great Piers Moron, it only matters if you die by gun, not if your beaten to death with a cricket bat...
    Fact is you are 400times more likely to be involved in a violent crime in Britain than in the USA. With their much smaller populace and much higher rate of violent crime it's just a matter of time before the BG comes calling. Then what Piers? Call your security detail???
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Where would you feel safer at a soccer game - England or the US?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I wonder how many of those "murders" , as he calls them were self defense shootings? And, how many crimes were prevented by an armed good guy or gal?

Quote Originally Posted by Planedude View Post
    Accidentals is a number that gun owners as a group (lead by the NRA) has been successfully driving down for 20yrs now. We should never rest till it reaches zero......

.....Suicides are a bit tougher as anyone that set on doing it will still find a way.
    ...Why?

...Why should I/we care?

I honestly don't give a crap if some idiot does him/her self in by mishandling a gun. Actually I do. I'm for it. Culling the herd and no longer a danger to me and mine. Same for the vast majority of suicides
    NRA Benefactor