Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DE1911 is outstanding!

Default DE1911 is outstanding!

Got my DE1911 off layaway and gave it a proper cleaning. Took it to the range Monday. Fired 100 rds of Independence, Blazer Brass and PMC and then 10 rounds of Winchester PDX1. The gun is flawless. Outstanding!!!
    Best I can say is if you don't have one is......Gotta getcha one.

Pictures, pictures !!!
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've had mine for about 6 months and I agree 100%. It's a quality piece at an excellent price. I haven't tried a lot of 1911 triggers, but I believe it when I hear that it is one of the best. Really light and clean. Accurate and point-of-aim. Love it. Congrats on yours. Joe

I wouldn't part with mine for anything, I might try to get another one for a spare. It's the cheapest 1911 I own but I shoot it better than any of them.

It makes me look good on bad days.

Glad you finally got it off layaway and home where it belongs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I wouldn't part with mine for anything, I might try to get another one for a spare. It's the cheapest 1911 I own but I shoot it better than any of them.

It makes me look good on bad days.

Glad you finally got it off layaway and home where it belongs.
    Bawanna ... give me a quick word as to how you compare it to the Ruger. I'm seriously thinking of getting a 1911, and likely would start with one of these two.

Quote Originally Posted by FLBri View Post
    Bawanna ... give me a quick word as to how you compare it to the Ruger. I'm seriously thinking of getting a 1911, and likely would start with one of these two.
    Well that's a tough call. If you want stainless, the Ruger is the choice for sure. I like the Ruger very much, everything about it. I just for some unexplained reason hit better with the DE. Could just be the sights, I don't know.

The DE feels slimmer in the grip safety area and I can't put my finger on that either, everything looks pretty much the same.

The thumb safety on the DE is slightly less robust but it functions well and I see no need to change it.

You'll do fine with either one. Since I secured my Ruger I've not been watching that close, but I'd not pay the gouging prices they were commanding for a long time. They might be catching up some by now although I still don't see them around much.

I want to get a Kahr Auto Ordnance now and see how it stacks up to the Ruger and the DE. Don't let the wife hear about this, I'm still trying to get those Tommy mags, not ready for the next battle yet.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks ya'll. The DE1911 does not have the Series 80 safety like my Remington 1911 stainless. I think that is the key. The DE is just a little bit better than my Remington in the trigger and on accuracy. I love both and both are keepers.

By the way I am not tech savvy. Whats the easiest way to post pictures for the tech challenged?

That was one plus for the Ruger as well, it's series 70 also. I was surprised that the Remington was Series 80. I don't know that I could tell the difference but I try to stick with the 70's.

I do want a Remington though, course that seems to be a pattern with me, kind of like the feds, I want em all. But just to play with ya know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    By the way I am not tech savvy. Whats the easiest way to post pictures for the tech challenged?
    Me neither but I use photobucket. Since they opened it up for larger pictures you can just add em direct with decent results too.

Just hit the manage attachments button and go from there. There's several way smarter guys than me that can lend further help if you need it.

Good idea on the picture. If you seen one, you want to see em all.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan