CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Kahr CW9 2 Jams first use

Default Kahr CW9 2 Jams first use

Hey folks. I'm a Newbie to Kahr and a Intermediate gun owner.

I just got a brand new CW9.
    Out of the box I shot it, is that an issue? I'm getting mixed answers.

The first clip I had the following issues: After the second shot I had a stovepipe, I cleared my gun reloaded and 2 shots later I had the mag did not chamber a round. So I was a little concerned, I cleared my gun and mag and ran 4 more clips with no issues..

The slide seams a little rough like hangs up a little as it first starts to travels across. If you move it slower you can feel it. How smooth are these CW9's action-sldie suppose to be? As good any other gun of this price range?

Should I take it back? Or clean it then it does it again then take it back?

Sounds like you got a Lemon...
    No really read the New Members section on breaking in your ne firearm.
    These are great shooting pistols but they do need a break-in.
    Don't panic, you'll be fine,also read your manual.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tote22 View Post
    Hey folks. I'm a Newbie to Kahr and a Intermediate gun owner.

I just got a brand new CW9.
    Out of the box I shot it, is that an issue? I'm getting mixed answers. Yes!

The first clip I had the following issues: After the second shot I had a stovepipe, I cleared my gun reloaded and 2 shots later I had the mag did not chamber a round. So I was a little concerned, I cleared my gun and mag and ran 4 more clips with no issues..

The slide seams a little rough like hangs up a little as it first starts to travels across. If you move it slower you can feel it. How smooth are these CW9's action-sldie suppose to be? As good any other gun of this price range?

Should I take it back? Or clean it then it does it again then take it back? You need to clean and lube the gun!
    downtownnv gave you the best answers so far.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Been shooting for 60 years but never been around a Kahr or semi-auto. Realizing I was wet behind the ears on these issues, I followed all the stickies and advice I could find on this site. Only problem Ive had was 1 FTE caused by my limp wristing. After 200 rounds it really smoothed out. Since 500 it is smooth as a Democrat answering questions. Love it.

Yup, what these guys said. It sounds like your is already smoothing out some and on the way to being perfect.

Keep shooting. Keep it well oiled for awhile. You'll be fine and dandy.

The Prep stuff is good stuff, a little insurance for a successful first trip.

I didn't follow our own advice here and shot my new K9 just today with no prep hardly at all and it ran fine. They just get better as you go along.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yup, what these guys said. It sounds like your is already smoothing out some and on the way to being perfect.

Keep shooting. Keep it well oiled for awhile. You'll be fine and dandy.

The Prep stuff is good stuff, a little insurance for a successful first trip.

I didn't follow our own advice here and shot my new K9 just today with no prep hardly at all and it ran fine. They just get better as you go along.
    Great tip! Keep 'er wet! I grease my rails and mil-spec the rest.... or If in a hurry drop the whole thing in a bucket of mobil1!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”