Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flashlights

I just picked up 4 of these (as advertised) 40 lumen/4 hrs led lights at Lowes for $2.97 apiece: http://www.lowes.com/pd_472904-50387...Ntt=flashlight
    I played with them some last night and think they are nice little lights (especially so at the price point). I'll probably pick up a few more.

Regards,
    Greg

Default Flashlights

I've been EDCing the Eagtac D25C for the past few months. Close to 400 lumens in an under 3in package.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagletac-D25C-.../dp/B008G5HL0S

RB
    RB

Lots of good lights out there. I personally own 2 streamlight stinger rechargables, one of which has been used extensively and is as rugged as hell. I have a little Fenix PD, a jetfire, an old surefire, and my latest, which I carry daily is a Klarus XT11. It is totally blinding at 600 lumens and floods a dark room like nobodys business. http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=2&lge=en

Quote Originally Posted by Siperus View Post
    I have two surefires but switched to a AA powered light. I got tired of replacing the 123a. They are not cheap!!
    They can be cheap.. I buy them in bulk at $1 per... search around.

I tried to carry a Surefire E2D I got at a match, put a LED head on it, very bright, but couldn't find a comfortable way to carry it; felt in the way in a pocket (is that a tac lite or are you glad to see me), clipped on the belt w/mag,flip phone,gun, felt like a duty rig almost. now I just use the Surefire when shooting a no/low light stage; they don't let me out much at night anyway.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by newCW45guy View Post
    They can be cheap.. I buy them in bulk at $1 per... search around.
    Most places to get down under a buck you have to buy in bulk to some degree. Last bunch I got were 93 cents each but I think I had to order 250 or maybe 500.
    I order them for the department and just add a few for myself to the order. Officers get them as needed, guess they don't figure I probably need em driving this stupid computer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I carry a small stream light pro tac in my pocket or on my belt and in my purse (I don't carry my gun in my purse…personal choice) I have a LAPG Operator L1 800
    Lumen flashlight. It comes with 2 CR123 batteries (or you can run it on 18650 battery) and sells for $40.
    Below are the specs.

Features:
    LED: Cree XM-L2
    High Output: 800 Lumens (2.3 Hours)
    Medium Output: 320 Lumens (3 Hours)
    Low Output: 10 Lumens (63 Hours)
    ANSI FL-1 Rated
    Modes: High-Med-Low-Strobe
    Beam Distance: 200 Meters
    Impact Resistant: 1.5 Meters
    Waterproof: IPX-8, 2 Meters for 30 Min
    Length: 6.125"
    Bezel Diameter: 1.25"
    Body Diameter: 1"
    Weight: .4 lbs (with batteries)
    Batteries: (2) CR123 Batteries (included) or (1) 18650 Battery (not included)
    Package includes: Flashlight, (2) CR123 batteries, Holster, Lanyard, Spare "O" Ring, Removable pocket clip, spare tail switch rubber boot, instructions and warranty information
    Reverse polarity and over temperature protection

I have a very old Surefire 6z that I've carried for many many years. Since I started here so around 16 or 18 years. Keep saying I'll put an LED bulb in it but never get around to it. I carry a spares carrier in my little derelict back pack that holds 6 123 batteries and a spare bulb.
    In my little front derelict bag I have a Fenix PD31. It's a little smaller, but brighter and does all that strobe and dim stuff.
    It sometimes doesn't do what I ask of it, either it will be dim or bright or not strobe or strobe. One of the downfall to having all those options. Handy size and a tough little light. Don't recall what I paid for it, I know even Jocko got one about the same time I did, he's probably due for some batteries. I send him some now and then.
    Spends all his money at Hooters and sheep feed so dont' have loot for batteries. Understandable.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My favorite is a Fenix E11 (I think it's been replaced by the E12). I forget the cost but it was a Midway special. It's had a rough life --- literally run through the washer and it looks and works brand new. Otherwise I keep a couple Maglite Solitaires around. They are tiny = AAA battery size. The 37 lumen version is available at Walmart for close to $10. Those all slip in a pocket and take up little room.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/574...aluminum-black
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maglite-S...light/28941042

For around the house, I have a few Lux Pro 180's. They are 180 lumens and only $15 at Lowes. I've seen them discounted in the checkout aisle displays.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Lux-Pro-180-Lu...light/50193509
    ​O|||||||O