Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: I finally got to shoot the CM9

Default I finally got to shoot the CM9

It stopped raining last night so I was able to take my new baby out for a test drive.

I managed to a little over 100 round downrange today and plan to go again Tuesday. All I have is Federal and Winchester white box to shoot until I can find some HP.

So far it has been excellent. I never had a single issue. My son did have the slide lock open half way through the mag, but I was never able to recreate the problem. I told him it must have been operator error.

At any rate, I think this gun is exactly what I was looking for in a CC weapon.

nice report. andur statement of the pre-mature slide lock happeningwit your son is sumpin that the forum members talk about often when this comes up. LET ANOTHER SHOOTER TRY IT. No doubt it was the ol thumb thing that caused it but some might panic and think/blame the gun but u shoot over 100 rounds perfect. CASE CLOSED.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Congrats on a good day shooting. You'll like it more & more ... I know I do.

Day two.

I planned to get home early and give the CM9 a good cleaning before I went to the range, but as usual, something kept me later than I had planned.

I decided to see what would happen without cleaning first and packed my cleaning supplies in my bag figuring I would have to give it a quick field clean at the range.

Keep in mind I put its first 105 rounds through it on Sunday and tonight I just ran another 100 through it WITHOUT cleaning. It ran perfectly for me. Again, my son had a premature slide hold, but this time he was sure he let his thumb slide up so I am convinced it is purely operator error.

For a gun that the manufacture warns may have issues in the first 200 rounds, I have had no issues at all.