Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: CM40 shoots low

Default CM40 shoots low

OK, I have done around 600 rounds.
    NO issues except for three PSL's in the first few mags. Since then, 100% perfect with different ammo.

However, it shoots about 4" below point of aim.

Now I was willing to admit I was flinching, BUT

Today I shot 100 rounds+ at a Q target (that's the big bowling pin).

Aiming at the forehead, with the front sight held way high above the rear, I shot one hole groups at about chin level. POI was about 4" below POA, actually even more because of the way I was aligning the sights.

There was no operator error. No stringing, everything almost dead center. 6 shot groups you could cover with a nickel. This was about 8 or 9 yards.

So the accuracy is there, but unless I flinch exactly the same every time, the gun shoots low.

Of course, I would still be on center of mass of a man sized target at personal defense mini gun ranges.

But the question is, should I try to adjust by installing a lower rear sight, shorter front sight, or both. Or just send it back to Kahr and let them figure it out?

I just hate to send it in because function is perfect and once they mess with it I might get it back worse than I sent it in.

Let Kar figure it out. Email this description of the problem to Jay, the best contact at Kahr:

jay.dandrea@kahr.com

Jay D'Andrea, Kahr Customer Service, 508-795-3919
    Very interesting...

Thanks
    Email sent
    Will advise response if any.

Have you ever considered changing your sight picture? Try centering the dot even with the top of the rear sight, so that it looks like this. -O- Place the dot on on your intended target. Works every time it's tried.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Have you ever considered changing your sight picture? Try centering the dot even with the top of the rear sight, so that it looks like this. -O- Place the dot on on your intended target. Works every time it's tried.
    That is actually what I have been doing, and the results are 4-6" low.

Lining up the sights is a disaster. Way way low.

Default I'm

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    OK, I have done around 600 rounds.
    NO issues except for three PSL's in the first few mags. Since then, 100% perfect with different ammo.

However, it shoots about 4" below point of aim.

Now I was willing to admit I was flinching, BUT

Today I shot 100 rounds+ at a Q target (that's the big bowling pin).

Aiming at the forehead, with the front sight held way high above the rear, I shot one hole groups at about chin level. POI was about 4" below POA, actually even more because of the way I was aligning the sights.

There was no operator error. No stringing, everything almost dead center. 6 shot groups you could cover with a nickel. This was about 8 or 9 yards.

So the accuracy is there, but unless I flinch exactly the same every time, the gun shoots low.

Of course, I would still be on center of mass of a man sized target at personal defense mini gun ranges.

But the question is, should I try to adjust by installing a lower rear sight, shorter front sight, or both. Or just send it back to Kahr and let them figure it out?

I just hate to send it in because function is perfect and once they mess with it I might get it back worse than I sent it in.
    not sure who if any site maker makes a lower or higher front sight for the kahr. U might inquire with Dawson sight company, an email tothem will get u an answer.

What I would do before U do anything is to let another good sooter try the gun at the same distance, If he can duplicate, then ur on to sumpin.

I would also suggest throwing in about a half dozen snap caps i with 30 rounds of good ammo and let someone load ur magazines for u. this will tellyoualot real fast. I am not telling u it is shooter errr but here is my case.

I am a fokking bad flincher. I have over 30-K rounds through my PMJ9, my grups are at 7 yards good, nuttin to brag about bnut I only train with the Q target lie u mentioned. MY pMJ9 is what it is my life saving gun, not my target gun. But whenI let someone load my magazines for me and I even know there are probalby one ormore in that magazine , when i HIT THAT DUD ROUND, i DAMN NEAR BREAK THE TRIGGER. iT IS UNBELIEVABLE HOW BAD i FLINCH, BUT YET i DO NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT WENT HE BANG THING IS HAPPENING AS THE RUN CONCURRENT.

And IMO u can shoot great groups flinching, u absolutely can, I know I do, but flinching is IMO like perfect form to. If anything changes, so will the groups, I don't know how far u are shootin ether and I have the bigt dots on my PMJ9 and I cover the taregt that I want to hit.

Not that you cannot have a bad barrel but my bet is it is not a bad barrel. You could try some ofmy suggestions to see what transpires and work from there...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

If your sight picture is good, it could be that you are anticipating recoil and breaking your wrists downward when pulling the trigger. During the micro second of lock time when the hammer is released and the gun fires the sights can move quite a bit. You can have someone randomly load you magazine with dummy rounds to see it this is occurring and/or shoot from a sand bag rest to eliminate the possibility. If the gun still shoots low send it back to Kahr and allow them to fix the problem. You trusted them to build the gun. Trust them to make it right.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I bought a PM40 off a guy one time that show WAY low too. I sold it off, but now my CM40 shoots right on, so it's something with your gun. Let Kahr deal with it.
    CM40 - CW380
    Repent America!!

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    ~
    I would also suggest throwing in about a half dozen snap caps i with 30 rounds of good ammo and let someone load ur magazines for u. this will tellyoualot real fast. I am not telling u it is shooter errr but here is my case.

~

Not that you cannot have a bad barrel but my bet is it is not a bad barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    If your sight picture is good, it could be that you are anticipating recoil and breaking your wrists downward when pulling the trigger.

~
    Listen to these guys.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

let someone else who can shoot produce the same results.... if you haven't done that already... I don't read well
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!