Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T9 Rattle?

Hell, I rattle if you shake me!
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

My K9 started to rattle after somewhere between 150 and 200 rounds.... I was surprised after all the BS about Kahr's tightness. I guess all Kahr's steel guns suffer from this, but all owners say that this does not affect reliability.

The rattle is the audible component of a high-tech design feature incorporated in the gun to alert you that the gun is being used inappropriately.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mine only rattles when it is empty. That is why I keep it full all the time. Shoots like a dream though.

Wow almost a year ago I posted about my rattling T9. I'm happy to see all the responses, great community. The rattling no longer bothers me. I love this pistol! I just took out the T9 and glock 34 to shoot some steel spinning targets and shot way better with my T9, even having more miles on my glock, not to mention the g34 is a target pistol... Really happy with its performance. I generally shoot much better with the glock.

And by the way, I don't think any of us who have wondered about the rattle were necessarily shaking our Kahrs, but rather noticing some movement in the slide when it is handled. I was mostly wondering if I had a problem or if there was anything to worry about. In the end I am thrilled with my purchase. Thanks FLBri!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's what were hear for, bro.To offer words of encouragement and wisdom. Sometimes that actually happens.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Default but

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Hell, I rattle if you shake me!
    ur also an idiot. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My G19 rattled when no magazine was in the gun, who ever said they were not supposed top do that.

My fokking audi rattles, My first =x-wife rattled on and on and on and on. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I think that Jocko is trying to rattle me. Ain't gonna happen. I've got nerves of steel.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Almost ALL production semi-auto pistols will rattle to some degree when you shake them. It's neither a flaw nor anything to worry about. This is due to normal manufacturing tolerance clearances inherent in mass-produced mating parts and those clearances are there and intentional both to ensure reliability and to ensure that any slide in any production run will fit any frame in any production run, any barrel will fit any slide...i.e. complete parts interchangeability. The only semiauto pistols that don't rattle are either those where the tolerance stackups in slide to frame fit and barrel to slide fit happen to both be on the tight side of the tolerances or a hand-fit custom pistol. If parts are hand-fit for minimum mating clearance, this not only means the pistol will be pretty expensive, it also means that the pistol cannot accept any replacement parts without those parts being hand fit to each other.

The rattle is perfectly normal...just as it is with pretty much any brand/model of factory pistol. Shoot it and enjoy!