Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Belt Maker Jerry Bissell has Retired

Default Belt Maker Jerry Bissell has Retired

I clicked on the bookmark for Jerry Bissell Gunbelts and it said it was closed. I emailed Jerry and he replied, explaining that he has trained his nephew who will now carry on the business with his own website. I looked and it is the same great belts at the same great prices. Here is Jerry's reply to me...

I still have my web site up and running ( now closed ) but I have transferred everything to my nephew and his web site is Armour Belts

He worked with me for a while to learn how I was able to make a fine, strong gunbelt.

If you have any trouble with his web site give him a call at 480-294-0368.

He has already had some good reviews on the 1911 forum.

Jerry

So, it looks like old Jerry is going to take it easy and let his nephew carry on.
    Very interesting...

Wow, I'm glad I got mine when I did first of the year. I doubt I'll ever need another. Real good belt.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Me too! Although it looks like his nephew is going to make the belts the same way at near the same price.
    Very interesting...

Best belt I ever had, actually have 4...... times are tough!
    I have his phone # if anyone needs it (PM)
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    Best belt I ever had, actually have 4...... times are tough!
    I have his phone # if anyone needs it (PM)
    The reason I posted this is to redirect people to the nephew. He said in his reply to call his nephew, and gave his number. I really don't think he is open to taking any more orders, so don't be giving his phone number to people wanting to buy a belt.

I replied to Jerry and suggested that he put up a page at the old site saying that he is retired and directing people to his nephew's website. In the mean time, I am attempting with this thread to redirect interested parties.
    Very interesting...

As a belated follow up, I can confirm JFootin's post above.

Initial thoughts on the service behind the https://www.armourbelts.com/ product.
    I’d been procrastinating getting a replacement black leather dress belt, until my department store belt separated into its original two plies. Finally had some time during the Thanksgiving weekend to do a little research. Naturally I poured through the Kahr talk forums. The one post that lead me to my work belt also had positive suggestions for JB’s quality gun belts. Unfortunately, JB retired. Thanks to JFootin’s post, I discovered that JB’s nephew had taken over the business. I put in my order on Sunday. The next day on Monday, I get an email back from Mike Bissel himself informing me that he was running a Cyber Monday sale and would enclose a few bucks back in my order. Double awesome.
    Initial thoughts on the product when first received.
    Pros:
    Thick/sturdy construction should handle its primary function with aplomb.
    It’s stylish and will compliment a large range of outfits.
    Quality craftsmanship. Bonus - the inside of the belt was personalized with my name.
    It’s leather (I’m just not a synthetic person).
    Cons:
    As a new [sturdy] belt it won’t coil as compactly for travel as my old worn belt. But why would that matter if I’m wearing it?

Postlude: After four months of use, this belt still looks great and feels very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ucurboy View Post
    As a belated follow up, I can confirm JFootin's post above.

Initial thoughts on the service behind the https://www.armourbelts.com/ product.
    I’d been procrastinating getting a replacement black leather dress belt, until my department store belt separated into its original two plies. Finally had some time during the Thanksgiving weekend to do a little research. Naturally I poured through the Kahr talk forums. The one post that lead me to my work belt also had positive suggestions for JB’s quality gun belts. Unfortunately, JB retired. Thanks to JFootin’s post, I discovered that JB’s nephew had taken over the business. I put in my order on Sunday. The next day on Monday, I get an email back from Mike Bissel himself informing me that he was running a Cyber Monday sale and would enclose a few bucks back in my order. Double awesome.
    Initial thoughts on the product when first received.
    Pros:
    Thick/sturdy construction should handle its primary function with aplomb.
    It’s stylish and will compliment a large range of outfits.
    Quality craftsmanship. Bonus - the inside of the belt was personalized with my name.
    It’s leather (I’m just not a synthetic person).
    Cons:
    As a new [sturdy] belt it won’t coil as compactly for travel as my old worn belt. But why would that matter if I’m wearing it?

Postlude: After four months of use, this belt still looks great and feels very solid.

Thanks for your update Ucur!
    My belts are still as stiff as an 20 yo man, that can hang a football helmet on it!
    These are a GREAT investment...
    My Galco Belt is impotent compared to the JB Belt.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”