Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Finally took the new CW9 to the range

Default Finally took the new CW9 to the range

I've had my CW9 for almost 3 weeks and finally got the chance to take it to the range to begin the break in process. Since i live in Orlando unfortunately i have to shoot at indoor ranges. The range closest to me will rent guns to anyone and 2 or 3 guys have managed to commit suicide over the past few years so i don't enjoy visiting the range.

ANYWAYS i only shot 100 rds but had no malfunctions. i shot 50 federal 115gr fmj's and 50 aguila 124gr fmj's. i did have the first round "nose dive" once with the aguila but i attempted the "slingshot" method so i'm sure that was the reason. Also no problem with the stippling being too rough either. The firearm shot amazing! It had little felt recoil and fit my hand perfect. The long smooth trigger pull was easy to master! Gotta say i love this gun!

Now just gotta get some SD ammo and stop by tandy leather to get some hardware to finish my hybrid IWB holster!

if this flag offends you then you need a history lesson!

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9396/nralh.jpg
    Apparently, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there...
    We need idiot control...NOT gun control.

Default is that

Quote Originally Posted by gunshinestateCW9 View Post
    I've had my CW9 for almost 3 weeks and finally got the chance to take it to the range to begin the break in process. Since i live in Orlando unfortunately i have to shoot at indoor ranges. The range closest to me will rent guns to anyone and 2 or 3 guys have managed to commit suicide over the past few years so i don't enjoy visiting the range.

ANYWAYS i only shot 100 rds but had no malfunctions. i shot 50 federal 115gr fmj's and 50 aguila 124gr fmj's. i did have the first round "nose dive" once with the aguila but i attempted the "slingshot" method so i'm sure that was the reason. Also no problem with the stippling being too rough either. The firearm shot amazing! It had little felt recoil and fit my hand perfect. The long smooth trigger pull was easy to master! Gotta say i love this gun!

Now just gotta get some SD ammo and stop by tandy leather to get some hardware to finish my hybrid IWB holster!
    suicide range not to far form orange city??? If so been there a few times with my daughter.. Justsayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Finally took the new CW9 to the range

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    suicide range not to far form orange city??? If so been there a few times with my daughter.. Justsayin
    Prob not the same one I live in downtown Orlando so it's close to there. Sucks that theres multiple suicide ranges in fl tho!

if this flag offends you then you need a history lesson!

Man just wait till you get 3 or 4 hundred rounds through her and see how much she slicks up. Mine is like butta!

Love my CW9 just as much as my K9

Quote Originally Posted by espresso View Post
    Man just wait till you get 3 or 4 hundred rounds through her and see how much she slicks up....
    ^This.

I have about 600 or so rounds thru my CW9. The only issues were with my wife and son limp-wristing. After pointing it out to them, no issues at all.

And after the first few cleanings with the manual and lube sketch, it's all 2nd nature now and takes little time. The gun just gets better the more you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post
    ^This.

I have about 600 or so rounds thru my CW9. The only issues were with my wife and son limp-wristing. After pointing it out to them, no issues at all.

And after the first few cleanings with the manual and lube sketch, it's all 2nd nature now and takes little time. The gun just gets better the more you shoot.
    I agree. The more you shoot it, the BETTER it gets. The CW9 is a fantastic pistol.

Excellent range report. Like seeing that!

Positive range reports are always nice to hear.. and read....

Yep, the more you shoot it, the better it gets. The better it gets, the more you will shoot it.