Members,

I have added a new sub-forum called "Politics". After discussion with the other moderators, we decided that this was the best move to keep political threads from taking over General Discussion. The current state of politics in America has certainly made this an important topic--and even more so for gun owners given the war on our rights being waged by this administration. As a result, this forum allows for political discussion. It is important to keep that discussion civil. It is also important to focus on peaceful resolution of political problems in America. No discussion of insurrection or other violent civil disobedience will be tolerated.

The Politics sub-forum should be considered open as a test of the concept. If at any point moderating it becomes burdensome, it will be removed and general political discussions ended on the forum. I ask that members strongly "self-moderate", going the extra mile to remain civil when discussing a topic that can easily cause emotions to run high. I am certainly not immune to that myself, just ask my liberal relatives.

Thank you!

John