Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Great Gun

The more I have been shooting my new CW9 the more I like it. I do have some issues with: (1) Mags not dropping free. (2) With 115grn. & 124grn.
    shoots real low. Any suggestions?

•"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    The more I have been shooting my new CW9 the more I like it. I do have some issues with: (1) Mags not dropping free. (2) With 115grn. & 124grn.
    There's two threads going as we speak about the mag dropping issue and I think they both are with CW9's, although I don't think it's a CW9 specific issue. As Old Lincoln pointed out he removed his mag catch and found his mags quite free. so some research into cleaning up or even replacing the mag catch might be in order. I also still think that more rounds thru will help with that mag drop issue if it really is an issue. Some folks actually prefer them not to drop.
    For the shooting low issue, how many rounds have you fired? Are you confident you've bonded with the long trigger pull or could you be pulling your shots low? Small groups all low or just a flier now and then. Have you had anyone else shoot it with similar results.
    There's an excellent post by I believe Michael W. that shows what causes shots to hit various places on a target for various reasons and it might be beneficial to look at that. Wish I knew how to post a link to some of these things. Stick with it, you already said it, it's a great gun and you'll only grow to love it even more.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually, if it's not a OE issue, then your sights are regulated for 147 gr standard pressure loads. Bawanna, to do the link: find what you are looking for in another tab/window, then go to the address bar and right click on it. A little menu should pop up after the whole address has been high lighted, then select copy. Go to where you want the link to go right click there and select paste. There are some keyboard shortcuts, but try it this way first.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

CW9 Mag not dropping free

Testing linky thingy. This is just a test. Had this been an actual emergency you would have been instructed to tune to your local emergency channel. I repeat this is only a test!
    I'm thinking this didn't work out, I'll be baaaack.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pist...ping-free.html

Testing linky thingy #2. Same rules as before. Fingers crossed.

Me thinks we have a bingo. Your talking the address way up at the top by all the google mumby jumbo stuff.
    I guess you really can teach a stupid dog?, old dog?, stupid old dog? new tricks. See if this works, it's looking good so far.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

That's the winner there, The second one shows gold... No Bawanna not an old/stupid dog, just one that hasn't learned yet. Yes that's the place over the google stuff. I have long said that the difference between stupidity and ignorance is that ignorance means you haven't learned yet, and stupidity is a refusal to learn. You are learning as am I these bits and bytes. We'll get there at some point.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Buster,

I'd be very interested in what you discover about your shooting low issue.

I have the CW40 and it shoots consistently low as well. I still haven't
    ruled out shooter error but so far every load that I've run through it
    from 135gr hollow points to 180gr FMJ seems to print about 4-5"
    low at 7 yards.

Michael-

Quote Originally Posted by Michael W. View Post
    Buster,

I'd be very interested in what you discover about your shooting low issue.

I have the CW40 and it shoots consistently low as well. I still haven't
    ruled out shooter error but so far every load that I've run through it
    from 135gr hollow points to 180gr FMJ seems to print about 4-5"
    low at 7 yards.

Michael-
    If two of you are having similar results it almost makes me wonder if you got a mismatched set of sites. Maybe some others here with CW's could send in their front and rear site heighths for comparison. If your shooting that range of bullet weights in close with that result, something is fishy in Baltimore.
    How bout it guys, lets seem some slide to top of front and rear sight measurements.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

If changing ammo doesn't fix the problem call Dawson Precision and talk to Kathy. She can fix you up with the correct height rear sight to adjust your point of aim to hit where you point. My CW9 was actually shooting high about 3" at 10 yards. She had me shoot it at 20 yds. and call her back. I called her and told her where it shot and she sent me the proper rear sight. Now it shoots center like I wanted it to.
    If all else fails, PM Jocko or Bawanna, they know all the secrets to fix these things.