Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheat on my CM9 for an Xds9?

Default Cheat on my CM9 for an Xds9?

Has anybody traded or sold their CM9 for an XDS9 or 45? Any regrets?

I currently have an CM9 and love it. Light, concealable, and can be worn on my ankle, waist, and pocket!

But the XDS is so sexy and feels much better in my hands (Not saying the CM9 feels horrible in my hands. XDS just has the advantage)

Having thoughts about trading in my CM9 for an XDS. My local gun stores have plenty in stock.

Someone talk me out of it? And no, owning both firearms is not an option, sadly.

I suggest you do what you want, and shoot what you want.

yup that is ur decision. not sure ur gonna find a smaller ligher gun than that cm9 but if ur eyes are wondering, go for it. U can always come back u know.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I suggest keeping them both, even though they are similar in size the CM9 will work better for summer shorts carry than and XDS with 6 rounds. I have both, just what I'm thinking... The xds gets to pulling your shorts off....
    james

oopS, was thinking 45 XDS, Both still great, still think the Kahr is better for summer carry.
    Last edited by picketpin; 06-15-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Never,Never,Never. get rid of a reliable gun in favor of a brand new model that could actually be undergoing teething pains.

Sexy.....a gun needs to be functional not sexy. Now slap yourself in the face take a reality break!

The xds is the same size as my glock 26 .just a little thinner. The xds is
    slightly heaver .I carry the 26 often .Nothing carries better than a My CM9 as a belt
    gun or in a cargo pocket .I carry both and they both important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshotshorty View Post
    Never,Never,Never. get rid of a reliable gun in favor of a brand new model that could actually be undergoing teething pains.

Sexy.....a gun needs to be functional not sexy. Now slap yourself in the face take a reality break!
    Nah. Sexy is good. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMHO the cm9 is darn good lookin'. Good point though about not getting rid of a reliable gun. Those are the keepers. Only if you can afford another can you afford to go looking around. Goes for women too.
    ​O|||||||O

I have a second job working at a major firearms store and get to handle all the firearms. That being said, the XDS is a fine pistol...a bit heavy at 22.5 ounces but thats not a bad thing when shooting a 45 ACP round. Like what was previously stated, it doesn't quite make a good pocket gun...it is sorta like our Kahr MK9 as far as the weight goes. The new XDS9 is even slightly heavier than the XDS45. If you like the idea of the 45 ACP you might want to compare Kahr's PM45 as it weighs in around 19.7 ounces.
    I do like the easy take down of the XDS and they are easy to rack the slides which might be a big deal for those with hand issues or possibly a women.

The choice is yours...just thought I'd chime in with a little more food for thought.

Keep both. As an owner of an XDS 45, i still carry my CM9 way more. The CM9 is smaller and lighter than the xds 45. The xds 9mm is actaully heavier than the xds 45 so keep that in mind.

The xds is a fantastic pistol. but IMO, the xds being a 45 was the reason i bought one. the xds9 isn't anything new to me since the SW sheild and the CW9 are the same size and lighter.

IMO lots of OTHER great guns out thereif ur gonna side carry it. To many to mention. weight is not that important of a factor when side carrying. BUT IMO if ur gonna pocket carry a9 then u have limitedthe field alot. Kahr is definitely in that category of great pocket 9mm. the cm and pm are easily pocketable. I have fouund the levi 505 jeans have the deepest pockets of ay jeans out thre and my PMJ9 just dissappears in that pocket. I realize that some do feel and can pocket carry with certainl closts the kahr 45 but IMO that gun even in the PM45 is not a good pocket gun but one hell of a lightweight side carry. Rophrbaugh is a very pocketabel 9mm, very light, very small, very ammo sensitivbe but a quality gun no less, Not a range gun that is for sure and pricey indeed, but if u do what Rohrbaugh tells u the gun will perform. It is what it is also. a self defense gun that you will carry all the time. I always thought I might want one but just had a hard time shelling out a grand whenI love my PMJ9 so much...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY