Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM40 Feed ramp vs. follower

plateshooter, yes the guide leg. Steel vs. plastic... steel wins everytime

I did the bigdave fix. Seems to work fine with the one good follower I have left from my 3 mags. Question is, does that front leg have much to do with feed and function. Mags with the broken off front legs seem to feed and function fine. I would not have known they were broken except for the piece I found when cleaning the gun. I still have not had one problem with reliability even with the broken legs. BTW I'm shooting a 9mm.
    Last edited by plateshooter; 06-19-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling

good question. Ihade the front portion of my follower break and I didn't know it and thegun was flawless. BUT it an't suppose dto do that, so keep an eye on that area..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Pictures !!!!! Please

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    good question. Ihade the front portion of my follower break and I didn't know it and thegun was flawless. BUT it an't suppose dto do that, so keep an eye on that area..
    Will do Jocko. After doing the bigdave fix, I have no contact with the feed ramp and the follower any longer. I could feel quite a bit before the modification by setting the barrel on the frame, installing the slide stop then seating an empty mag (with an unbroken follower) . It would tip the barrel forward. Not so now. I didn't have the blue print die but I had a blue sharpie to check for contact. At least they are both blue.

The gun feeds fine even slow racking it by hand. Kahr was going to send me a call tag, but I REALLY hate sending guns out for repair. I called Kahr back and told them just replace the followers and I would be good to go.

I think it will run perfectly and no longer be a follower breaker. If anything does not work, I'll post it here.

I will try to get a pic of the modified feed ramp. I can't do a before pic because that is in the past and I live in the present moment

Thanks for posting your fix.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

plateshooter, glad it worked out for you. The mag will still function with the piece broken off but the follower has trouble piloting into the mag until the first two or three rounds are loaded. I had no problem feeding with the busted ones but didn't feel comfortable carrying like that. I also put the barrel in the frame and put the slide stop in without the slide. You can see a little better in there. Holding the barrel to the frame while inserting an empty mag lets you see and feel the interference. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Really appreciate the tips bigdave. I really enjoy working on guns and it is nice when it works out.

Yes, please post some pics.