Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: +P Ammo in a CM40... Can it take it ?

I'm hoping for a .357 Sig drop in barrel for my K40! I recently purchase one for my Glock 23 and I kinda like that round.

would be nice but I don't see that happening. Even an aftermarket maker probalby would shy away,as the marketfor it would be very limited and therefore making a very expensive accessory.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default +P or +P+ is very hard on any polymer frame gun

Could PM handle a few, sure: but a regular diet will, at the least, prematurely wear the frame! I sold some PM40's to a Florida Dept as
    authorized back up gun" to their duty 40 Sig's and same ammo used. There were a few major failures and Kahr's were no long authorized.

Don't know if you realize this; but reason Kahr's, Glocks don't have full length frame rails, is gun is designed to flex a little when fired? A standard pressure Speer Gold Dot or other premium round is all you need!

The +P in a 40sw is a advertising ploy. Nothing more thanks to buffalo bore doing this a few years back. These few not really+P rounds are just loaded close to max pressure with newer powders that will also add a few feet per second. They don't allways work as well planed in the shortest barrels. I have run some of underwoods ammo thru my kahrs. The 40sw 155gr xtp +P does perform as advertised in the 4" barreled tp and matchs the 1300fps but normal there 9mm 124gr gd+P is no better than other premium same weight ammo in my cm9 at 1154fps. Speers +P 124gr is a few fps quicker. Both with 10 shot averages.

sigtrovet Come on know , tell us what these "major failures" were. What "florida dept" Was it the same to lite a trigger pull perhaps like NY had??

The glock 9mm and 45 are fine with +P. Its the 40 and 10mm that had the issues with not fully supported chambers and they have improved the glock chambers on those to give closer to a fully supported chamber.

Sig also found major issues with the 40sw handguns with there mandrel bent sheet metal slides with 4 models, the 220, 225, 226 and 228. When they went to the 229 design with a machine steel SS slide they no longer had there issue. So even the sig had major issues to deal with in regards to the 40sw.

Default hardluk, confidentiality agreement, not to mention

customer relations prevents me from elaborating on Fl dept issues!

Yes, Sig did have to change design of 226 and 228 from rolled steel to milled stainless slides to handle 40 and 357 Sig: but some handling and balance had to be compromised......which is reason the 228 handles better than 229, for instance!