Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: XS Big Dots on Beretta

Unhappy XS Big Dots on Beretta

Has anyone else tried XS Big Dots on Beretta 96 a1? These have to be the worst fitting sights I have ever had. They basically had to be "glued on" they were so loose in the dovetail. They even don't sitt flush on gun. Now my holster also no longer will work due to TALL height. I tried contacting XS and they all have been out of the office at the "bullit show"....hopefully it is just a fluke and they will make it right. The 96A1 is new style gun for Beretta, older models did not have dovetail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

No, but I put some on my P40 and am very unhappy so far. I had to remove so much from the bottom of the base on the front sight that the overhang front and rear sat on the slide and prevented further adjusting until I filed some of the overhang off... and the sights still shoot low for me!

The rear sight was so loose that I could push it in the dovetail and it would just fall out with the slide turned 90° to the right. The two set screws and the included thread locker keep those in place.

If I use a pistol rest and dot the "i" and cover the bullseye, the rounds seem to hit dead center, but I can't aim offhand or "point" and hit higher than the bottom of the bullseye... about 4" or more lower than my G23C with similar shooting and double taps. I'm about ready to pull the Big Dots off my P40 and try something else. If Trijicon made HD NS for the Kahrs, I would already have them! I've thought of trying to make the 1911 ones fit with a little modding... which voids the warranty!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I had Trijicon HD sights on order for 3 months and finally cancelled them when order kept getting pushed back further...grrr :=[ Perhaps I should of continued waiting for the HD's.
    "Life Member NRA"

You just have to order them from someone who HAS them in stock. I ordered mine from Optics Planet and was paying an extra $20 for "NOW" availabliltiy vs. 3 months. When they didn't ship within 5 days or so, I told them off after cancelling the order and telling them I was getting them more cheaply and in two days... Amazon.com with Amazon Prime. I knew they had them and would send them immediately. OP really pissed me off and I'm glad that I didn't pay their "instant" pricing! I had bought stuff from them before without the "special pricing". I think that's where I got my yellow ones for the XD45. Those are better for night. The orange doesn't light up as much.

Just watched Jack Reacher in HD On Demand... $5.99. I stopped the show when I needed to go to the bathroom. And, my popcorn and Diet-Coke didn't cost me another $10 or so!!

Wynn

You can search for stuff like that and be sure it's legit with Prime.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thumbs up

XS Sights are "Stand up company"! Got my slide back today with perfect fitting sights on it at no charge! Bo and staff take care of things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeepster09; 06-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    "Life Member NRA"

Nice. I love a happy ending.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That is good to here.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/