Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bedair Stainless Guide Rods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Steve Bedair Stainless Guide Rods

Anyone have a Steve Bedair stainless guide rod in their KAHR?

http://guiderod.com/

There $25 dollars shipped. Thinking about getting one. I'm having some major scaring issues with one of my OEM black guide rods and reading around the stainless rods seem to be the fix because they are harder then the OEM soft crap metal the black one uses.

Do the Bedair rods require fitting? Any input would be great!
    KAHR P9 9mm w/ Comp-Tac "The Infidel" IWB Holster

1st thing I did with my K40 was put in one of these and a set of Wolff springs. Works terrific.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I think kahr offers stainless guide rods even..

Kahr does offer SS guide rods, however at $27+shipping

The Bedair guide rods are a pretty good deal at $25 shipped

I dont have either yet, but would like to upgrade mine in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I think kahr offers stainless guide rods even..
    True, KAHR does but as the guy below you said, there $27+ shipping and the Steven Bedair ones are $25.00 dollars shipped.

That said I'm a tad annoyed with KAHR because my P9 keeps chewing up OEM guide rods, I'm on my 3rd one. I emailed KAHR again and now they want me to send in the gun. After doing some Google searching I found several threads where other KAHR owners had the SAME issues and after sending there guns into KAHR, KAHR decided the issue was "normal" and told them sorry, nothing we can do, buy a stainless guide rod.

Those who did buy the stainless guide rods said it seemed to fix the issues. Sounds like the OEM black rods are soft and if the slide rubs them just right, it chews them to hell.

For the price of a KAHR, kinda bothers me they skimp on the guide rod. At the very least they could offer them free to people who do have issues but apparently, they tell you tough, buy one.

I just spoke to Steve Bedair directly, he said his guide rods are exactly the same size as the black OEM's so they are 100% drop in, no possible fitting like the KAHR's might need.
    KAHR P9 9mm w/ Comp-Tac "The Infidel" IWB Holster

Two bucks difference? I would get one and try it out, if it works great, if not so be it.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    Two bucks difference? I would get one and try it out, if it works great, if not so be it.
    With free priority shipping, that's about $8.00 cheaper. Kahr starts at $6 for up to $50, and +$2 after that.
    The checkering is different... how about initials... 2, overlaid.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I would be happy to get them, but I have no paypal...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Kahr K9, Kahr T9. S&W M&P9, DWCBOB, Beretta 92F, Ruger MKIII, several 10/22, several K frames, and L frames, Colt Mustang, Walther P99, several AR's too

I ordered one for my CW9

Default Guide rod

I have the Kahr stainless rod in my CW9. I replaced the original fairly early (approx 300 rds) and it was showing some wear, but no gouges. I just like the look and it supposedly provides less recoil (I can't tell the diff). I've put about 300 or so rounds on the stainless rod and it shows a little wear, less than the stock rod, but still some slight wear is visible. Still, I like the look, and overall am pleased.