Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bedair Stainless Guide Rods

Default Guide rod

I have the Kahr stainless rod in my CW9. I replaced the original fairly early (approx 300 rds) and it was showing some wear, but no gouges. I just like the look and it supposedly provides less recoil (I can't tell the diff). I've put about 300 or so rounds on the stainless rod and it shows a little wear, less than the stock rod, but still some slight wear is visible. Still, I like the look, and overall am pleased.

I think Paypal is just his payment processor. I assume he takes credit cards threw Paypal too.
    KAHR P9 9mm w/ Comp-Tac "The Infidel" IWB Holster

Just ordered my checkered stainless rod. I do have a paypal account, but I paid with a credit card. You do not need a paypal account to order one.

I just ordered one too, just had to wait to get my paycheck. I can confirm what ORSalesRep said, no actual PayPal account is required to order.

Just pick your items, check out and pick to pay with VISA, MasterCard, AMX, Discover etc, pay and your done!

I've been talking to Steve Bedair via email the past couple days. Really nice guy, very helpful. Seems he had a sudden rush on KAHR guide rods too! Funny how forums work huh?

Other than appearances, is there any tangible gain in shooting, other than the gun being marginally heavier, in switching to a stainless rod? I can't think of any.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Other than appearances, is there any tangible gain in shooting, other than the gun being marginally heavier, in switching to a stainless rod? I can't think of any.
    Me neither but looking cool is priority one in my book. Course I was all set to order a pretty 25 dollar rod and then saw the checkered 45 dollar rod which of course looks even cooler. I'd drop the 25 without much thought to look cool but 45 I have to think for a minute about the beating I get from the missus. The checkered one looks way cool though. That's the one for me. My wheels are turning. There should be a rule that a full grown old man that's worked hard all his life should always have 500 dollars in his pocket to play and spend how he wants at all times. Without answering to a good looking swede woman with a cast iron fry pan in her hand.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Those cast iron pans hurt like hell don't they. I had one broke over my skull. Mom hit me and it snapped at the handle. The only other time I had seen cast iron break was when using them as a target, again right at the handle. I think that when you are old enough to legally buy handguns/alcohol, that all the money you used to use (and the premium price for such things) should be refunded to you, that should help.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Less flex makes them slightly more reliable too. Plus they don't wear down like the factory ones?

Factory KAHR guide rod:

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Less flex makes them slightly more reliable too. Plus they don't wear down like the factory ones?

Factory KAHR guide rod:

Ok Ok you win, I'm ordering one. What do I tell the missus when she ask what the checkering on the front does for the extra 20? I'm thinking maybe something like it holds oil better to increase the life span and there fore I only have to buy one ever 6 months instead of every 2 months. What do you guys think?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna, that Swede your married to must like to swing that frying pan, of course you seem to like it too. I'm still clueless about the checkering though.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.