Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PM9 Front Pocket Carry

Quote Originally Posted by FLBri View Post
    Just an interesting note to this thread. I use an Uncle Mikes #3 with a PM9/MK9 front pocket. As others have mentioned there is a tendency for the holster to come out with the handgun.

The issue seems to be that the trigger guard sits very deep into the holster, and a bit snug. I mashed approx. 3/8" inch of lint free rag/paper/cotton jammed into the bottom of the #3. This allows just enough more grab on the grip, and just enough less penetration of the trigger guard, that the gun easily draws without friction, leaving the holster in the pocket every time. Very fast, easy, clean draw.

I like this much better than the larger #4, or the #1 which does not give you a full trigger cover. Also, since my PM9 is a Black Rose, it still cover almost the entire slide ... protecting the mirror finish that I paid a fortune for is very important to me!!
    Since this thread started almost a year and a half ago. I have a completely different collection of guns now. I said then that I used an Uncle Mikes #4 for a CW9 and PM45. I now use the same holster for a PM9 and LCP.

PM45, PM9... both in front pocket (not at the same time).

No holster. Don't do that with a Glock!

Dunno bout everybody else, but in Wrangler jeans, they seem to want to sit butt toward the opening of the pocket, muzzle outward/downward pointing - which suits me just fine. Don't do that unless you plan on cleaning your pistol often, and at least before you shoot it at the range. Pocket debris does get into things... lint, fuzz, grit... gotta get that outta the works to keep the pistol functioning well. A rather dry pistol also helps, you're carrying not shooting, so dryer is ok. It holds/attracts less pocket queeb so just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    PM45, PM9... both in front pocket (not at the same time).

No holster. Don't do that with a Glock!

Dunno bout everybody else, but in Wrangler jeans, they seem to want to sit butt toward the opening of the pocket, muzzle outward/downward pointing - which suits me just fine. Don't do that unless you plan on cleaning your pistol often, and at least before you shoot it at the range. Pocket debris does get into things... lint, fuzz, grit... gotta get that outta the works to keep the pistol functioning well. A rather dry pistol also helps, you're carrying not shooting, so dryer is ok. It holds/attracts less pocket queeb so just makes sense.
    You're right. I find that the pistol stays oriented properly. And when I am seated, my CM9 sits on top of my thigh and doesn't want to fall down to the side of my skinny leg. (I used to have a .25 pocket pistol that would fall down there, even in a Desantis Nemesis holster. Not good.) Plus, without the added bulk of a holster, the printing is much less.
    Very interesting...

Another vote for the Galco Pocket Protector...I cut that metal crap off the top though.
    If a sign could stop evil….They’d make holsters for them!!

I carry my Kahr PM9 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Works fine for me.

I pocket both my PM9 and P380 in a Desantis Super Fly and they work great.

CM9 in aholster kydex pocket for everything but thin dress pants. It moves around in thin pants.

Remora 2A ART (from my Keltek P32 with CT) fits perfectly for dress pants pocket or IWB appendix carry.

I like something that I can grab, pocket and GO!

Carried my G26 like this but had to carry a brick in my other front pocket for balance!

Good forum!!!

FWIW, I have a Blackhawk #3 for my Ruger SP101, and recently bought the Remora "3-in-1" 4L series (ankle, IWB, pocket) for my PM9. Really wanted the Remora to work, but it looks like it's time to send it back. Here's why:

1. Ankle option beats up the bone in my shin & ankle, regardless of the way I strap it. Seems they've skimped too much on padding for the pocket option and left out some necessary straps for additional ankle support.
    2. IWB option is "okay" but doesn't hold up to the reviews about comfort level. Honestly, unless I carry behind the small of my back, carrying IWB makes my waist line too tight for my current wardrobe using ANY brand. Okay, so my waist line may be part to blame!
    3. Pocket option of the Remora seems too bulky, though the sticky material definitely keeps it in the pocket during a draw. Perhaps the better of the 3 options.

I may try the Blackhawk #3 for the PM9 to see how it fits and feels. Sounds like several of you like that option.

In the meantime, I'd still like to find a good, comfortable ankle system that will not slide around, up or down, and carve out a PM9-shaped cavity in my bone! Suggestions welcome, but I'm on a tight budget....
    God is good, ALL the time!

My PM9 rides either in a Desantis or a Hidden Holster depending on wardrobe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why is it that every time there is a shooting spree they want to take the guns away from the people that didn't do it? :59:

Holsters
    I bought two new sub-compacts and had to go looking for new holsters.
    In the past I have bought expensive holsters and not liked them.
    So I decided to start cheap and work up instead of starting expensive.

I have a new KAHR PM9 and a new GLOCK 26.
    I bought the Desantis Nemisis for the KAHR and it was just OK – it would come out with the pistol unless I hooked it on the corner of my pocket. Just not sticky enough to stay put. I was unable to thumb it off in the pocket. Plus when I walked it flopped with every stride, even worse in a cargo pocket.
    Next – I decided to try the Smart Carry. I liked it – a lot. It fit BOTH pistols, so no need for two holsters and more money, didn’t need a high priced belt (even though I own one), I didn’t have the IWB feeling of like I have a gun stuck to my side. It felt can I say, centrally located! Zippo printing and very fast to deploy.
    It’s quality made in the USA by an ex marine named Charlie.
    http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html
    He has two models – standard and a bigger model to carry more stuff.

I was going to next get the Silent Thunder for each pistol – now, I’m going to wait. If any probs come up I will let you know. I had one and Charlie is easy to get to. The male Velcro was attaching to my shirt. No probs – he sent me female velco to cover it.