Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM40 - Did I make a mistake?

Default CM40 - Did I make a mistake?

I purchased a CM40 because I wanted a .40 cal and it was light. Been seeing some disparaging comments on this gun and now wondering if I made a mistake. Welcome comments to ease the mind. Thanks,

Default Happy CM40 Owner

I've got 400+ rounds through mine and I love it. I did need to rework the feed ramp as did others on this forum. I suggest putting it through it's paces before you toss it. Follow the manual to the letter as far as lube, break in, operation and cleaning. There's plenty of good advice on this website for you. Good luck.

I LOVE my CM40! The only problem I've had was (during the break-in period) the slide not locking back on an empty mag most of the time.

Jocko recommended a stronger recoil spring from Wolff, and that problem went away.

I've also got the rubber Talon grips, Pearce mag extensions, reduced power trigger and striker springs, and Trijicon night sights.

Absolutely a great gun.

Default ur

Quote Originally Posted by oncechance View Post
    I purchased a CM40 because I wanted a .40 cal and it was light. Been seeing some disparaging comments on this gun and now wondering if I made a mistake. Welcome comments to ease the mind. Thanks,
    gonna get remarks like that on most all guns. A disgruntled owner for what ever reason can ost on every fokking gun forum and it just grows after that. The 40 cal in any kahr IMO is a hand cannon but the gun is as reliable as any other gun out there U got the lightest 40 cal on the market, so expect some recoil.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I think you made a very good choice. I bought a CM40 for my grandson. We went to the range and it would lock back on every shot. Other than that, there were no other issues. When we returned home, we inspected the gun and as expected found the slide stop spring bent and below the slide stop, continually forcing it up. Kahr sent me a new slide stop spring. I replaced it and the CM40 has been flawless every since.

You're going to see problems reported on a gun forum. For every one of those, there are many thousands of owners who are pleased with their guns and never felt a need to join the forum and post about their positive experiences. Just lube and prep it, then go shoot it like you stole it! :53:

If need be, there are instructions here on some things you can do to tune it up. But get a few hundred rounds through it and you'll think it has been tuned up by a gunsmith. These Kahrs just become better with rounds fired, and Jocko will attest that you can't wear one out.
    Very interesting...

Thanks for all the responses. I know....I should just enjoy the gun and quit reading about it.

I have the CW40, and have been very happy with it. No problems with it, once I learned how to shoot a polymer framed gun. That was my first one, and I wasn't used to the polymer frame flexing, and needed to adjust my grip on it. Since then it's been flawless, with either the 6 or 7 round mags.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

i would bet if we all did due diligence n buying a kahr and reading of all the sh!t everycar seems togive, etc, that we would be doin alot more walkin. Life sometimes is indeed a crap shoot, u just gotta work around some things. Just sayin

Many seem to think issues are only wiht guns and nuttin else. Hell my first wife didn't work worth a sh!t. No warranty left, she was well used, I peddled her and took a big loss and was shopping for anew one within 6 months. I only finished the 5th grade,so as u know I am not to fokking smart
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Go shoot the hell out of it and let us know if you made a mistake. Any issues you may have can likely be remedied on this forum.