Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolff 5 lb Striker spring

Default Wolff 5 lb Striker spring

Has anyone replaced their factory striker spring with the Wolff 5 lb spring ?

I did it on 7 Kahrs... from P380 to PM45... no problems. We've NEVER heard of any problems switching to the lower spring rate.

Just review the sections on slide detailing/stripping!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Yep. Not a huge perceivable difference, but it's definitely an improvement.

Doing so will reduce the trigger pull weight and will improve accuracy. So far no reduction in reliability through several hundred rounds.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Did it on all 3 of mine and I like it. Easy to do and it still feels like I have a nice safe trigger.

Default 5 # for me too!

I recently changed out mine to one of these, and after 100 rounds at the range with NO issues -- I am really liking this mod!

The accuracy of the Kahr (P9 Covert) is unchanged, of course.

But...

The "shootability" of it by me is much improved!!! I am seeing a big difference in group sizes at 7 and 15 yards, and now I'm starting to shoot her more at 25 yards too -- just because I can hit better with her. Confidence in first-shot-hits when drawn and fired quickly is also up, due to the much smoother trigger pull.

I bought a set of 3 springs, as it didn't cost much more to do that, and I will soon change out the springs on my best friends PM9/MA (Mass compliant) and his son's PM9 as well.

This was a GREAT TIP, and I'm really pleased with the results!!!

Tight groups.

Old No7
    Last edited by Old No7; 08-22-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Default Wolff 5 lb Striker spring

I bought a 10 pack and switched out two of mine. I still have one more to do. And Istill have more for my friends (and my future Kahrs).

It is a nice improvement, but still feels very safe. It also was easy to do.

I have hundreds of rounds with them with no light strikes, and I've never heard anyone else mention light strikes either.

Default how

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I did it on 7 Kahrs... from P380 to PM45... no problems. We've NEVER heard of any problems switching to the lower spring rate.

Just review the sections on slide detailing/stripping!

Wynn
    did u do it with the 380?? Is the springs the same??? I would have not thought of that being so..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoB View Post
    I bought a 10 pack and switched out two of mine. I still have one more to do. And Istill have more for my friends (and my future Kahrs).

It is a nice improvement, but still feels very safe. It also was easy to do.

I have hundreds of rounds with them with no light strikes, and I've never heard anyone else mention light strikes either.
    no litestrikesinol ocko'sPMJ9 in over 32K rounds IMO it is a very nice drop in mod that to me has zero disadvantages..:7:
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'm just curious if we could even go a little less. Maybe get it at 5#s or a tad under.
    This place isn't safe.