Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolff 5 lb Striker spring

Default no sweat

Quote Originally Posted by addictedhealer View Post
    I'm just curious if we could even go a little less. Maybe get it at 5#s or a tad under.
    that 5#striker will reduce in power just like thge factory spring did. Mine is around 4.5#. don't get greedy, too little could be to much sometimes.

thats what my first girl friend told me anyhow.. In my teen days that would be called a 5" striker..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    that 5#striker will reduce in power just like thge factory spring did. Mine is around 4.5#. don't get greedy, too little could be to much sometimes.

thats what my first girl friend told me anyhow.. In my teen days that would be called a 5" striker..
    I'm with you, not on the 5" striker thing but on the greedy...

Anyway, I need to get a trigger scale and see if mine is that low. Doesn't feel like it is, but that might just be my little girl hands.
    This place isn't safe.

make sur eits a good scale. My bargain trigger scale is plus or minus 1# + _. about as reliable as heh..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Bringing this post back to the top...

With the holiday season coming, this is THE GIFT you should get for yourself and your Kahr!

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Doing so will reduce the trigger pull weight and will improve accuracy. So far no reduction in reliability through several hundred rounds.
    I've easily put another couple of hundred rounds through my P9 Covert since I changed my spring, and it still works great! So I just did the same to a used CW9 that I picked up for a backup stashed piece here in the house.

You HAVE to do this if you want to hit what you're aiming at!

Tight groups.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Jocko, I missed the question about the P380, but all Kahr striker springs are the same size. I put the 5-lb springs in two P380s.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have close to 5 years on a 5lb sprinf in a cw9 3 in cm9 and only 10 months on a tp40. I load ammo and have use fed,win,cci and wolf primers and all go bang. My oldest kahr trigger pull is just under 5lb still , newest is 5.5lbs.

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Jocko, I missed the question about the P380, but all Kahr striker springs are the same size. I put the 5-lb springs in two P380s.

Wynn
    thatis certainly good to hear, I dd not know that. thanks

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Not meaning to necro post but bumping this thread for the benefit of anyone else who needs to read it. Wolf springs website has a warning that the spring change is not for duty use so I'm glad to read real world experience that there are no problems with the modification. I need an improvement on the 2003 PM9 trigger in a lightly used piece I just bought a few days ago.

Striker Springs - Reduced Power - W. C. Wolff Company offers reduced power striker springs (firing pin springs) for Kahr pistols rated at 5 pounds. The factory striker spring is 6 pounds. This spring will help improve the trigger pull.
    Warning: This spring is for competition use only - not for duty use.

That's just lawyer talk. I have em in my PM45 and my K40, no problems. I used a decent pull gauge and both mine were originally on the low end closer to 5# than 6. It still improved slightly especially after a little time and rounds fired but nothing drastic.

It's like don't pour the hot McDonalds coffee in your lap it might burn you. Duh? Ya know one of those things.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's Wolff CYA should something go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong. This has been a recorded message.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380