CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To "Detail Strip" the Kahr's Upper!

Either a very light, thin oil or better yet, use a dry lube such as Militec 1 or Eezox, then there's nothing to attract dirt.

You can also take a long allen wrench and carefully bend one end to make the same tool.

as dray as a popcorn fart!!!

I shared this with my handgun maintenance class instructor and he cautioned me as follows:

"I would advise that you remember that Kahr, more than likely, just like other manufacturers will void your warranty if you disassemble beyond recommended field stripping and damage or an injurous accident occurs. That's why there was a BIG disclaimer on that slide show."

I kept a copy, but only intending to share with my gunsmith, if necessary.

Default I seriously doubt

Quote Originally Posted by at_liberty View Post
    I shared this with my handgun maintenance class instructor and he cautioned me as follows:

"I would advise that you remember that Kahr, more than likely, just like other manufacturers will void your warranty if you disassemble beyond recommended field stripping and damage or an injurous accident occurs. That's why there was a BIG disclaimer on that slide show."

I kept a copy, but only intending to share with my gunsmith, if necessary.
    that at all. #1, If you take the upper slide apart to clean (which is a no brainer) and put it back correctly, there is no way kahr or anyone else would ever know that one was in that area even. Now modifying and cleaning are two different things. One will not void your warranty and one certainly "can" void your warranty.

If you port your barrel and the grip cracks at the bottom. Kahr will warranty it, as it has no relation to the porting process. Now if you port and the barrel cracks at the porting opening, don't expect kahr to take care of that.

To me that is also why kahr and glock puts that little clean out hole on the bottom of their slides. One does bnot need to be taking the slide apart complety if they use that clean out hole every time they clean their weapon..

100% agree.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When I had to replace my striker I asked if they would void my warranty if I assembled it myself and the supervisor said no. I would guess the only way they would void it is if I did a modification or something really stupid.

This all makes me chuckle, because when I got that reply from simply sharing the information with the fellow, I thought, GEEZ!, I can't even breath correctly around these guys.

We have an indoor range staffed by ex-military and police people mostly, and it seems like you can't say or do anything without drawing some corrective comment. They know a whole lot about it all, but I gotta say it seems pretty anal or harassing at times. There are a number of other "it's a rule!" anecdotes too. Everybody's a gunny.

Most LEO'S seem to know it all about guns!!!! Just ask them.. And for sure range masters are total authority on guns, just ask them!!!!

Betteryet go to gander mountain and ask THOSE AUTHORITIES..

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Most LEO'S seem to know it all about guns!!!! Just ask them.. And for sure range masters are total authority on guns, just ask them!!!!

Betteryet go to gander mountain and ask THOSE AUTHORITIES..
    The thing about LEO's is they are trained at the academy to be Alpha's. Know everything about everything and never let anyone know that you don't have a clue. Most (perhaps that's too strong a word) are clueless about firearms. The gun is equal to a carpenters hammer. It's there, they been trained to use it but just no love.
    I hate going to ranges where everyone is a gunny and feels the need to instruct everybody that comes in. Not relaxing, usually not productive and mostly downright annoying. They are in a tough spot having to keep everyone safe and I'm sure they run into alot of folks that are not but usually you can tell pretty quickly if someone is up on stuff.
    At Liberty, feel free to breath anyway you desire. Sometimes comments come back quickly and are misinterpreted or miss the point or are too strong but I think everyone here is just trying to help and not make anyone look dumb except me of course, they seem to dwell on the fact that I wasn't born with a fully functioning brain, if it wasn't for my natural good looks, charm and love of guns, I'd have little purpose in life.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."