Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: How To "Detail Strip" the Kahr's Upper!

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    don't fokk with it on carpeted area. a small sterile type room is good to go. I use my 4 X 6 room my wife made for me when I forget to take my "
    nice" guy meds
    I see she had a computer installed for you, how nice of her.

Is it safe to assume when she lets you out those are the times your absent from our wonderful forum here? Just a guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I won'[t give u the saqtisfaction of answering that question???
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

What a blow to my under inflated ego that is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Downloaded the PDF and detailed my MK yesterday. Great help and will try it out at the range today!

I'd like to give a shout-out to Cappy and Jocko and Ripley16 and Wyntrout ... I just detail stripped my new-to-me MK9 Duo Tone and I have to say I'm quite proud of myself.

Cappy, the printed instructions were absolutely perfect. Every detail was there and there was nothing that you left out or didn't cover thoroughly enough. Armed with your instructions I felt confident enough to tackle the task. Thanks.

Jocko, the large zip-lock bag was a great suggestion. It gave me added confidence that even if I did end up with things flying out, I probably wouldn't end up losing anything. Thanks.

And Ripley, although I did not try your coat hanger idea, I can absolutely see the value in it, and I will try it the next time around. Cappy's suggestion of using the slide locking pin worked fine for getting the back plate off, but I am convinced that your suggestion would have made getting it back on infinitely easier. I probably spent as much time trying to get the back plate back on as I did in the whole dis-assembly process.

Wynn, thanks for your response to my private message the other day. When I first wrote you I was real apprehensive, but your very nice and detailed answer helped to assure me that I would be fine if I just followed the directions.

I'll close by saying to any newbie that hasn't done it yet, give it a try. It's not as hard as you might think as long as you follow the instructions. AND, be careful where you put all the little pieces when you get things apart ... some of them are quite small and can be very easily misplaced.

IMO every owner shold do the slide strip at least once. He gets to know more about thegun that way and also we have seen some realOUTHOUSE stuff in that striker channel to. If u get it all cleaned out, then IMO u should not have to visit that area again. If u use that clean out hole on the bottom of the slide up by the breech face, it will keep that area cleaner than a whistle. My PMJ9 has over 32k rounds through it ad I have cleaned that channel only once when I stripeed the slide to install my 54# striker spring. Same thing with my K9 and my second hand PMJ9. Make that spray cleaning of that striker hole sumpin u do every gun cleanin, might take u 15 seconds to do it right. Not rocket science. I have also found if u don't have a ziplock bag to just climb inside of a 50- gallon tash bag and detail strip it. Naked helps alot to that way those little springs wont stick to your cloths. I would also advise if u do this to type out a letter fully explaining what the fokk ur doin naked in a plastic bag with a gun. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

... to install my 54# striker spring
    No light strikes for Jocko.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I threw thatin there to see if u guys really read ol jocko's. Ur gift will be in the mail. please don't let it sit i the sun though. Just sayin

It should have said 5# striker spring to a new reader who cannot yet figure out my subliminal messages that I so often send.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default How To "Detail Strip" the Kahr's Upper!

I break my slide all the way down every time I clean it.
    Someone had mentioned bending a piece of coat hanger to hold the firing pin spring while removing the back plate. It works great!!!!
    Is there a detail break down of the frame/trigger assembly? I have yet to try that.

IMO. leave that trigger area ALONE. u can spray clean andlube it perfectly just where it is. ..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY