Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW belt holster question

Default CCW belt holster question

What is a good comfortable CCW belt holster for a PM9 and a CW9. I think leather would be more comfortable.

There's a plethora of good belts out there and I prefer leather myself although some of the good nylon belts work well too.

The trick is get a belt that's stiff and heavy. It doesn't have to be 1 1/2 or wider but strong.

I've been wearing a Jerry Bissell made belt for several years now. He's retired and his nephew is making them or so I hear. I think he calls himself Armour Belts. I'm sure it'll last long as I do. That's just one.

Stay away from the girlyman dress slack belts that you can wrap around your little finger and toss in the sock drawer where they should stay far as I'm concerned.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Check out the Looper or Bladetech belts on Kahr.com. They were still $50 the last time I checked. Looper now asks $80 for them. The belts are leather with a Kydex inner layer for reinforcement. They don't stretch or sag, and look great. I have several in my size and bought a spare after checking at Looper's and seeing the price increase.

Picture here with my CrossBreed MiniTuck bought for the PM9, but all Kahrs except the .380 fit it.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I am extremely pleased with my Aker belt. Leather with something sewn in for stiffening. Got it on Amazon, they have a sizing guide on the Aker website. Very comfortable. I've tried a few belts from the department stores, and this one beats them all hands down.

https://www.amazon.com/Aker-Leather-...ords=Aker+belt

Check out MTR custom leather.http://mtrcustomleather.com I have several of their holsters and a belt made by them. Good folks and great products. I also have a great belt and holster from Mernickle. Bawanna turned me on to them.

Aker and Hanks make excellent looking belts that are designed and built for carrying a firearm.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I know you said leather, but I still use the Wilderness 5 stitch.....................................

I have good belts. I need a good OWB belt HOLSTER. Thought a leather holster would be more comfortable than any of the kydex types

Guess we all misunderstood the question. For me no question. Check out Mernickle. Very comfy, good people, and good stuff.

I like the PS6? I think that's the model. Rides high and hugs the body. Nearly as concealable as an IWB. Just need a cover garment of course.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I thought that leather would be more comfy also, but went to kydex for OWB. If you don't need something that's pinned to your body, is on/off friendly, fast, and allows you movement for getting in the car, bending over, etc., check out Cook's. I have 2 for different firearms and they work well for me. Not a real long waiting period either. They don't break the bank. 0 to 15 degree cant if needed. I have an oversize mag release and different sights on the black holster, and the fit is perfect. I also like the fact that the only wear is by the trigger guards. You'll always get some somewhere eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images