Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etched twice?

Default Etched twice?

Just acquired a nice, OLD STYLE K9 and was giving it the full cleaning she deserved when I discovered that the serial number is etched in it twice.

The first etching is on the right side of the frame where we expect to see it on the steel frame Kahrs. The second etching, however, is located on the right side of the grip at the bottom. I never would have seen it if I hadn't taken off the grip panels to clean it.

Is this standard practice on all steel frame Kahrs or was it standard practice on the older ones and is now discontinued?

Are the experts out there???

A second number is not present on my "old style" K9. I assume you mean the early slab side frame.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

By "old style", I mean old vs new in the rear sight dovetail. This one was made in April 2001. When was yours made?

When was yours made?
    1996 I believe. It is of course a old style K9. I have three steel Kahrs, none have a second serial number that I've ever noticed.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Default nope

Quote Originally Posted by dkmatthews View Post
    Just acquired a nice, OLD STYLE K9 and was giving it the full cleaning she deserved when I discovered that the serial number is etched in it twice.

The first etching is on the right side of the frame where we expect to see it on the steel frame Kahrs. The second etching, however, is located on the right side of the grip at the bottom. I never would have seen it if I hadn't taken off the grip panels to clean it.

Is this standard practice on all steel frame Kahrs or was it standard practice on the older ones and is now discontinued?

Are the experts out there???
    not standard at all. first I have ever heard of . strange but not a bad thing either... Justhow old is ur K9?...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    not standard at all. first I have ever heard of . strange but not a bad thing either... Justhow old is ur K9?...
    jocko - this K9 is from April 2001.

Now, here's where it gets interesting:

Model - Date - Etched
    K9 -- 04/01 -- Twice
    K9 -- 08/95 -- Once
    T9 -- 05/06 -- Once
    T40 - 02/12 -- Twice

very simple to unerstand that. The etch a scatcher was on vacation from 2001 to 2012. Hell evenol jocko figured that out. He might also have been dicklexia. ( I actually have no clue what the fokk I just said there either) Could that mean he did not like sex?

Humm I just checked my olderK9 and damn its engraved to: says: Fokk u, surely kahr would not have done this. It came from a NY cop.. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My mk9 & mk40 have the serial# on the frame & the bottom of the grip. .

well there u go, not a rarity then. I wonder how many really never looked for it. I can say I never did.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Possibly an owner sketch in a hidden location in case a thief was caught with the gun and had filed the original number?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."