Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Factory mags

Default Factory mags

Has anyone had any trouble with the AO factory 10-round mags? Or have they worked out ok?

Thanks,

Jeff

No. Haven't had any trouble. Maybe there are others? Are you looking to buy some? I did have some old ammo that didn't feed well. But it runs fine with fresh, factory ammo.
    ​O|||||||O

Just reading around and saw somewhere that some guy had trouble with the factory ones, but it was a few years ago. No big deal, just wondering. Glad to hear they worked out ok for you. My carbine is en route to my FFL should be there Monday or Tuesday and I will be off to the range asap after I peck 'er up!

Just snagged a couple original 15 rounders. Happy day. Don't forget to post a range report. I'm curious to see if you'll be as thrilled as I was. Good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

Picked up the rifle this morning--I'm heading to the range either tomorrow or Friday and will definitely post a report. The only ammo I could get my hands on at a reasonable price is PPU, but it shoots fine in my other guns so should be good for the carbine. I've read a lot of older reviews about FTF and stovepiping, so I'm going to expect some break-in time as with any gun. Anywya, stay tuned lol.

I've been shooting PPU almost exclusively --- runs great -- way cheaper than anything else I've found.

Staying tuned -- "same Bat time, same Bat channel..."
    ​O|||||||O

Yes I've had nothing but trouble with the factory magazine. Bullets get stuck in it and my AO130 becomes a jam-o-matic when using it so I threw it away. I picked up a couple 30 round magazines at a gun show and they've run flawlessly. The bolt also stays open after the last round which I like. The 30 rounders are the magazines the AO carbine should of come with from the factory imo.