Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XS big dots vs. standard dots

I have been doing a lot of research since my old night sights are almost useless. XS 24/7 Express (big dot) sights are the most appealing to me after watching these two videos...

long distance shooting

YouTube - XS Sight Demo

up close and personal

YouTube - XS Sight Demo II

I've got XS standard dot sights on my Kahr MK9, my Ruger SP101, and soon on my North American Arms .22lr mini-revolver. STOP SNICKERING! Its a fun little gun and the sight will look great...

I went with the standard dot instead of the big dot because it seemed to offer the best of both worlds - fast target acquisition and plenty of accuracy at long range. I regularly shoot my MK9 at 15 to 25 yards with no problem. I used to have a set of XS standard dots on my 1911 and it was a tack driver at long range. I don't have the gun anymore because I needed to sell it for emergency funds, but I sure enjoyed it while I had it.

As a follow up since this is the right place, I put a set of the XS Big Dot's on my (sure like that "MY" connotation) new PM45. Thanks again for the 100th time to ryoung who was my supplier.
    They fit and work perfectly. This was my plan even prior to buying the gun, never dreamed it would all happen so quickly. It nearly came together before the first range session. Pretty good for an impatient person like me.
    Anyhow I love em, a great match for a pistol this size, I'd do it again and again and recommend them without reservation.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Well my pictures suck. I tried and tried but cant seem to get the sights to show up well. Jeepsters picture above is awesome and my hat is definitely off to him for his photo abilities.
    Here's my Para Companion with fixed standard dot and my 14-45 Para with a melt down dovetailed adjustable standard dot set. My 7-45 Para is still wearing the fiber optics but one day soon they'll be knocked off and replaced with probably standard dot XS's as well. I'll shop for a better camera or maybe a better picture taker.
    Wow! Who's that on the wall in the last two pics? If she belongs to you, you are a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Wow! Who's that on the wall in the last two pics? If she belongs to you, you are a lucky man.
    That would be Mrs Bawanna and I am indeed a lucky man most of the time. You may have discovered why it takes me so long to get anything done out there.
    Didn't realize she was in the pic, when I did realize, I wondered why no one noticed.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Lucky, indeed. But, why is he pointing a gun at her?

That would be Mrs Bawanna and I am indeed a lucky man most of the time. You may have discovered why it takes me so long to get anything done out there.
    Didn't realize she was in the pic, when I did realize, I wondered why no one noticed.
    Too @#%$ funny! Bawanna, I love the way you slipped her into the background. I'm a little disappointed how long it took the members to comment. Guys, are we a little too focused on the handgun or what? Jez, you would think this was a gun forum or something! You are indeed lucky, but I'm luckier (just incase the wife starts reading this forum).
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by medezyner View Post
    Too @#%$ funny! Bawanna, I love the way you slipped her into the background. I'm a little disappointed how long it took the members to comment. Guys, are we a little too focused on the handgun or what? Jez, you would think this was a gun forum or something! You are indeed lucky, but I'm luckier (just incase the wife starts reading this forum).
    You are a wise man. That picture is on the bench all the time, I didn't put it there for the picture. My son took those pictures but I have taken others and brought them to work not realizing she was in the background. In this case looking at the pics before I posted them I didn't even notice.
    If my wife ever reads this forum they'll need to open up an obituary thread. Bawanna killed by the ruthless swede after back sassing.
    I really am a lucky guy, she didn't get what she bargained for when she tied up with me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Yes, she's a very pretty lady. I just found this thread yesterday and as soon as I saw that pic it was hard to miss her. Especially if one is evaluating the XS sight picture in your pic.

Funny. I saw her picture but felt it would be impolite to drool...er...comment on the forum. She is pretty and you are very lucky.

Of course my wife is pretty too (Hi hon... ...just in case she checks this forum...) and I too am very lucky.