Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: 1927A1 feeding issues.

Default 1927A1 feeding issues.

Howdy all.Got a 1927A1 commando deluxe,all steel and 5 30 round sticks.1 is a kahr mag,single hole and 4 modified "oval" sticks,(I didn't do them).ALL will charge a round into the chamber on a pull and release from the bolt,fire and the second round will jam.The round gets stuck almost to the chamber,kinda like a stove pipe issue, with the bolt face bottom pinning it to the ramp.Having to use a block of wood on the charging handle to free it from the death grip.It leaves a " crescent mark" on the case from the bottom of the bolt slightly below the rim of the case mouth and a "rub" mark on the FMJ nose as if it was really trying to run up the ramp.There is also a long "scratch" I am guessing from the ejector along the whole length of the case in which case I suspect the bullet isn't getting past it unscathed.

The mags lock in nice,well like they are supposed to.Measured them from top of hole to lip of mag.They seem to be all over the place as far as consistency.The kahr mag mic's out at about 0.975",the modified are somewhere around 0.980 to 1.080". Any ideas as to what I should be looking for or at.The ramp looks a little rough,but the bolt and everything else is smooth as pie.I am not a rookie around weapons so I can do the work needed,just never worked on a tommy before,every weapon has it's issues and peculiarities.thanks all for any insight to start with.

Last edited by Ding; 07-14-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Would the extractor cause this issue.Now I can rack a round by hand OR let loose the charging handle from the locked back position and it will feed a round,from either way used into the chamber,it will fire that round ,then on blow back,eject that round and run another round up to the a certain point and jam.That second round does not make it into the chamber,it gets caught by the bolt "somewhere" before entering the chamber.

I have 5 stick mags,all do the same thing as described above.ANYONE have ANY ideas as to what I can look at.I took the extractor out and am gonna try to run it without it.It looks fine,maybe a little less snug on the boolitz as I'd like.It is a blow back system,maybe get a few FTE's but other than that I haven't a clue as to what could cause this.I have no drum to try so that's out.ANYONE.?

What kind of ammo are you using?

I don't follow the comment Kahr single hole, and 4 modified ovals? All Kahrs should be the elongated modified style mag.

I followed Ghostsoldiers lead and modified my mag catch so I could run unmodified mags.

Duty calls, nag, nag, nag, I'll be back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Kahr issued "new" single hole mag for the semi auto that hasn't been ovaled to fit,it is a round hole at the right height to fit without being modified,the rest are modified like you say,elongated/oval original tommy mags made to fit the semi auto.Using UMC,WWB,remington,all FMJ 230 grn.

the kahr mag is on top unless ya click the pic then it is on the right.3 colt mags,CO inside a horseshoe? and 1 seymore.
    Last edited by Ding; 07-16-2013 at 04:11 PM.

welp,polished the ramp,I can see my eye balls in it,polished the firing pin pilot,recoil spring guide rods,looks like glass,racked the bolt 1,001 times.Have a 26" bicep on my right arm and 17" on my left,didn't think of only using 1 recoil spring till afterwards.Popped the extractor off,cleaned everything under it which was spotless and checked/sanded/softened the slot,made sure it was straight,no burrs,smoothed out the bolt slot,dis-assembled the lower trigger housing and polished EVERYTHING,all the edges are soft if ya will.Don't seem to know what else I can do.I mic'd the distance between the hole and lips of the mags,all within specs,1 " from top of hole to lip.

Sounds like time for a range day test shoot. Hopefully you've found the cure.

Mine had a few balks after my mod catch mods but I found I hadn't modified quite enough and they were'nt locking in good enough. I finally got around to taking a little more off and all was fine.

My drum has never balked. I haven't shot the Tommy whole bunch but its working fine now.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Ding View Post
    welp,polished the ramp,I can see my eye balls in it,polished the firing pin pilot,recoil spring guide rods,looks like glass,racked the bolt 1,001 times.Have a 26" bicep on my right arm and 17" on my left,didn't think of only using 1 recoil spring till afterwards.Popped the extractor off,cleaned everything under it which was spotless and checked/sanded/softened the slot,made sure it was straight,no burrs,smoothed out the bolt slot,dis-assembled the lower trigger housing and polished EVERYTHING,all the edges are soft if ya will.Don't seem to know what else I can do.I mic'd the distance between the hole and lips of the mags,all within specs,1 " from top of hole to lip.
    I also hope you've found a solution. I received a M27A1 for Father's day this year. The first time we took it out there were severe feed issues with stick and drum magazines. After I got home with it I got some snap caps and observed the bullet path. Turns out there were sharp 90degree edges on the magazine in the bullet path. I beveled them lightly with a file and the stick magazine worked fine. On the drum I took out the spider rotor that guides the bullets around the drum. Same thing, i had to bevel all the edges on it where the bullets crossed. It works reasonably well now.