Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New AO M1 carbine 1st range report

Just back from another stand at the local gun club range. Ran 75 more rounds (last of the Sellier & Bellot Czech ammo thank God!) through the M1 with the usual failure to fire and another one too big for the chamber. Other than that I'm in love with this carbine!....I can't miss with this gem. Shooting freehand standing with sling. Put up a bunch of targets from 25 to 50 yards and dead on with them every time. Very very pleased. Looking forward to another stand at the range with the American Eagle .30 caliber ammo I found this week.

And, last night puttered around and secured the handguard properly...was loose and crooked. Now straight and firm.

^^^^^ +1. It's uncanny how easy it is to shoot the AO M1 rifle freehand with open sights.
    ​O|||||||O

My brother has an army issue M1 carbine he was thinking about selling back in 2012. I forget who made it, but was one of the normal manufacturers of Army issued M1's. Might have been Universal, but I can't say for sure. It's in pretty good condition, and he shoots it once in awhile. Maybe some minor dings in the stock is about all that's wrong with it. It shoots fine, and I think he has 2 30 round mags. I know he has at least 1 for it. Comes with the sling and stock mouned ammo patches as seen in the photo.
    If interested, Send me a PM with an offer and I'll see what he says. Here is a crappy pic I took of it:
    M1army.jpg
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Just back from another stand at the local gun club range. Ran 75 more rounds (last of the Sellier & Bellot Czech ammo thank God!) through the M1 with the usual failure to fire and another one too big for the chamber. Other than that I'm in love with this carbine!....I can't miss with this gem. Shooting freehand standing with sling. Put up a bunch of targets from 25 to 50 yards and dead on with them every time. Very very pleased. Looking forward to another stand at the range with the American Eagle .30 caliber ammo I found this week.

And, last night puttered around and secured the handguard properly...was loose and crooked. Now straight and firm.

I have had really good luck with Winchester 110g FMJ, PPU 110g FMJ, PPU 110g JSP, Aguila 110g FMJ and GI ball ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff023 View Post
    Thanks b4--nice quotation in your signature, BTW. I'm pretty happy with it, think I'll keep shooting, oiling, cleaning and see what transpires :-)
    I just ordered four Keepshooting magazines. (At nearly $16.00 each + $9.00 shipping, I hope that they're worth it). Are they?