Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New AO M1 carbine 1st range report

Yup!!!!

^^^
    ​O|||||||O

I will guess that you are correct on the break-in.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Been lurking this thread a while...

. Only problem is, they won't even stop a mad dog unless you whack 'em in the head with the butt of the stock. Great handy little shooter though!
    Ummm, good thing Audie Murphy didn't know that.

Mine has gone through 700 rounds of Prvi, Armscor and Aguila ammo so far without a hitch if using the factory mag, but it hates the KCI mags; just hates them. I bought 4 and can't get through more than 4 or 5 rounds off at a time without trouble. And they wobble around in the magwell like crazy. Not a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogdad View Post
    Mine has gone through 700 rounds of Prvi, Armscor and Aguila ammo so far without a hitch if using the factory mag, but it hates the KCI mags; just hates them. I bought 4 and can't get through more than 4 or 5 rounds off at a time without trouble. And they wobble around in the magwell like crazy. Not a good fit.
    How well do GI mags fit? If you haven't tried one, they are readily avail with a little search and run about $25 or so.

PS: GI Carbine owners on the CMP.com forum think highly of KCI mags. You might want to offer them for sale there.
    Last edited by ulflyer; 12-22-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Range report on my new .30 M1 Carbine from Auto Ordinance.
    Ran 75 rounds of Sellier & Bellot through. Had the original mag and four Korean mags.

Best part was the sights were right on out of the box. Dead on shooting. Had one oversize round that stuck on the way in to the chamber. Got it out. Had 2 failure to fire's. Attribute all to the Czechoslovakian ammo which was "on sale." You can have any two of price, quality, or service.

So, most pleased with the initial results at the range.

Were you shooting at 50 yards from a rest of off the shoulder? I'm not much of a rifle gun, but it seems that 4" at 50 yards from a rest even with iron sights is a large group. I'm not criticizing your shooting, just wondering about how accurate the rifle is, what it is capable of doing. I've looked at and wanted one of these, but haven't yet bought one.

Not sure you're addressing me since I didn't mention group size. But, just in case. I was shooting freehand with a sling, standing up, from various locations, shooting at different objects - some were targets - at ranges from about ten yards to 100 yards. Was also shooting at a 3" ball that someone left. No bench, no sandbags, just standing and shooting. So no target patterns. Just when I aimed at something I hit it short range, mid range, long range. Most pleased with that.

And, to clarify, this is a rural range, not fancy. The rifle range I was on is just a long bulldozed out trench with berms on either side and target holders here and there. No range officer. Just me and the M1. Hope that helps

Sounds like my kind of range, my rifle, my pony and me! I'm partial to being alone when I shoots.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."