Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: cm9 accuracy

Default cm9 accuracy

hey all, i was wondering if this group is on par with what i should expect from a cm9 in regards to accuracy, is this normal or is it a little worse than average?

ten yards away chasing the first hole.

what do you all think, good, bad, or average?

ive shot double action only guns for about thirty years, so i really concentrated on my form.

It doesn't look too bad for 30 ft. I'm 66 & my hand wobbles a bit so I'd be satisfied with that. My guess is you'll get better the more you get used to the gun & the long trigger pull.

REV is right. ur groups are acceptable, and it souds like ur new to kahrs anyway,s so just stay with it, u will certainly improve. At 10- yards IMO that is good shootin, far better than ol jocko can do at 5 yards. Just sayin

small as sgun, short sight radius, small ass gun
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thank you, it's good to have a resource to answer questions and such.

Just out of curiosity ... which was the first shot?

I don't get quite the groups with my PM9 that I do with other pistols, even the MK40 which is slightly smaller but heavier. This was my first day with the gun at about 11-12 yards, but I have been shooting Kahrs for over six years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RevRay View Post
    Just out of curiosity ... which was the first shot?
    Top middle

Quote Originally Posted by Bkkd View Post
    hey all, i was wondering if this group is on par with what i should expect
    from a cm9 in regards to accuracy, is this normal or is it a little worse than
    average? ten yards away chasing the first hole. what do you all think, good,
    bad, or average? ive shot double action only guns for about thirty years, so i
    really concentrated on my form.
    If you shot all of those in 5 seconds, fantastic; if it took you 30 seconds or
    more, then good. If you have all the time in the world, good light, no one
    attacking you, taking your time, your shots should be great. Most gun fights
    are going on at 3-7 yards or LESS in less than 3 seconds and 3 shots. Try
    some double taps. The Kahr is double action...

I don't shoot my kahrs, any of them near as good as I can with my G19. I can drill same holes at7 yards, No way with my kahrs. U know what. my G19 sits at home,just to foking big for me to pocket t carry and I hate waste band carry. My PMJ9 kahrs will put every round in a FBI "Q" silhouette target at 7 yards. Mind u they might be all over the target, so BG is gonna need alot of stitchs to get well, I accept my accuracy andI credit my inaccuracy to the loooooong trigger system of kahrs,which is what it is. U either u like it and accept your accuray wit it or peddle it and find one that pleases u.Andto addto all of the above, some guys are just damn good shooters to. Thereis a difference u know. My PMJ9 in O'Dell's hands would make me sick. I just can't do that sh!t. Thegun can though.. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

at 60ft., controlled double taps, from the draw, my CM9 will hold down 1 or down 2 on the IDPA target. at 30ft., it will hold the head all day on the IDPA target.

the further you shoot, the more important fundamentals become; in short, your ability will never exceed the CMs' potential. nuff said.
    NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER