Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: IMI Baby Eagle

Default IMI Baby Eagle

Having had a Baby Eagle all steel 45, I was anxious last week to get a posted Baby Eagle all steel 40. After investigating it, instead of IWI on frame and grips it had IMI. Does this mean it is an older version when Israel Military Industries had them. It appeared to be new in box.
    After shooting, also find out it has a feeding problem with 3 out of 4 stovepiping..any ideas such as cheap ammo, bad mags, etc? It also did it with Hornady HP.

Welcome to the forum! That does appear to be an older firearm with the IMI markings. Where did you get it if I may ask? They send those out with preservative grease/oil which has most probably hardened. Did you clean and lube prior to firing? That is my first thought without knowing. My experience with Hornady is that it is excellent ammo. By the way...my newer production all steel 40 has the IWI markings.

recoil spring tight.... needs breaking in

CJB, you might be right. It's beginning to get better. Thanks both of you for your input.
    Warbird, you asked where I got it-I traded a Beretta CX4 carbine for it. That's how much I wanted it.

I would love to own a cx4 carbine. I'm sure that if I am patient one will eventually show up at an LGS. You traded for a great gun. I do truly enjoy mine. Bought wrap around grips for it from Midway and they are a great addition.

Cool

Well, I'm back to square one with the bad feeds..so gonna try new mags first. Let you know what develops..I am patient so the BE isn't going anywhere

Bought a recoil reduction guide rod from Zahal.com..Tremendous results..costs $95 and a week to get it here from Israel, but well worth it. It works like a charm now, and the recoil is like a 22 now.

Dublinheart,

I have an old school all steel full frame 9mm (MR9915R) which I purchased back in 2000 and have taken excellent care of over the years. About a month or two ago I called up MRI and ordered a new Firing Pin Spring and Recoil Spring and installed them by the book and after taking it to the range experienced quite a few FTEs and FTFs but as I cycled more rounds out of it it's getting exponentially better... Try cycling a couple boxes of Winchester 9mm NATO through it that really helped mine...

I guess I can consider myself fortunate. Mine has run perfect since day one. Ya'll keep us posted on what happens as they break in. Good luck!

Hmmm, sounds familiar. I have the polymer version of the Baby Eagle II .40 and this problem persists >800 rounds fired through it. I've purchased new recoil springs hoping this will help as well.