CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got made, jerkwater LEO

Default I got made, jerkwater LEO

This is the 2nd time I'm typing this. First time, lightning hit close and knocked everything offline.

I'll cut to the chase. While at an ATM, at a bank's walk up, which is at their drive thru building, I got made by an off duty PBSO deputy, who proceeded to Terry frisk me, damn near shot himself with my PM45 too trying to field strip it "for safety" without taking the round out of the chamber, and with his finger in the trigger guard.

My responses to him were standard. Name, city I live in, age. I don't want to talk to you, and am remaining silent. Am I free to go?

I almost broke silence when he was trying to field strip the PM45 - which I don't think he had any right to do.... he finally gave up and ask that I lock the pistol in my truck until I was "done" at the bank.

This sort of total crap just pisses me off to no end. I damn near called 911 on his jerkwater ass.

I gotta add - the whole thing started because he was pissed for having to wait as I deposited about fifteen or sixteen checks. Each one takes multiple button pushes, multiple waits while the damn machine thinks, etc. He had already asked me what was taking so long - a few times - and I told him lots of deposits. I also had asked him to step back....too close for my own comfort, just me and him and nobody else being there.

Didn't sleep a wink over this last nite. Hell... my 4 am posts here are proof of that... just pisses me off.

Ok this post peaked my interest...... Why did the cop have any right to take your gun whether he made you were carrying or not? Do you live in a conceal carry state? We're you doing any thing wrong? I don't get what the point in him doing this was..... Did he cite you with anything or have any probable cause for some wrong doing? I would be calling and filing a complaint!
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Only you and the officer were witnesses? If you believe that you have a "case"; consult your attorney, and proceed according to the attorney's advice.

Based on your posts; you will be better off with legal counsel than keyboard commando Internet advice.

No disrespect intended. Just my take.
    "Never argue with a fool; he will only pull you down to his level, and beat you with experience"

You know what this whole thing should be on video at an ATM....... Maybe you can get the tape somehow and prove a point that this is harassment. I agree it sounds like an attorney is in order!
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

I'm a bit of an odd duck sometimes but a couple questions came to mind.

* Why not make one deposit for a total of all the checks? I'd be pissed too I think, waiting for 16 ATM transactions.
    *If you had to make 16 separate deposits, why not let the person go ahead?
    * How did he know you were armed?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I am not defending the deputies actions. In my state, and many others, the ATM is considered the same as the lobby of the bank. If they prohibit weapons in the lobby they may also prohibit them in the ATM location also. Stange but I have seen signs posted at many ATM locations banning the carry of firearms.

As to video not all ATM's have video. And those that do are many times low quality.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I think you were being profiled. I hate to ask but did the officer look like an "O" supporter?

Where I live robberies take place at ATM's and I'd have mine with me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sux that he got pissy and did that but at the same time you were a bit of a douche for not letting him jump in ahead of you with ur 16 transactions.

If he had already started why stop in the middle? We all have to wait in line.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/