Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bawanna's Be Happy, Positive Good Stuff Thread

Default Bawanna's Be Happy, Positive Good Stuff Thread

Ok boys and girls, I'm back from my annual pilgrimage to the east side of the mountains, fishing, and hanging out.

It was good. It reminded me that there is life other than work, life without violets, and this is all good. What I also found with the spotty internet at the resort I stayed at is that there is also life without Kahrtalk!
    That ladies and gentlemen is not good, not good at all, very, very bad.

My wife says I spend more time chatting here with my pals than I do with her, my friends and coworkers think I have a forum addiction and I DO! Anybody got a problem with that? Hmmmmm?

The last year or so it seems we've been in a constant negative downward spiral.

Seems every thread even with the best intentions turns negative at some point. Frankly I've had a belly full of it.

So I give you the Be Happy, Positive, Good stuff thread.

No negative here. This maybe considered similar to the monthly anything goes thread but the difference is this is my thread. MINE.

If big brother is stepping on your toes, that's a sad sad thing, post it in politics, or on Gtalk.
    If your dog had flea's and it's driving you crazy, that's sad too, post it in the General Information section.

If you washed your car today for the first time in 5 years and it's looks awesome, that goes here. A little car love is a positive thing.

New guns, stuff pulled out of the back recess's of the toy box, let's see a picture.

If you went in a store and got treated like a rock star or the way you should that's positive, love to hear about that.

If you got Bunion's but your doctor or nurse is a hottie, we can probably squeeze that in, Bunions alone, no go, that's a bad thing.

Get the idea? Post negative, life sucks, CS treated me poorly, the governors a fat slob and it's gone without fanfare or notice.

Let's bombard the internet with positive and see if we can turn the tide. I want to return to the days when if I was 2 hours away from kahrtalk I'd be in withdrawal.

Be happy my friends.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Since we're in a positive seeking mode, I'll share a nice gesture by one of my best friends who I've never met and fellow moderator, as well as a genuine information fountain of youth.

GB reads me like a book, I swear he has ESP powers or something. Anyway he's known for some time that I've got a deep hankering for a Schofield 45LC.
    Out of the blue saturday he sends me an email that his local shop has one used in very nice shape at a very decent price.

On a weekend, this gentlemen of leisure is thinking about bawanna. How cool is that.

I'd love to keep this in happy, happy, happy mode and say the Schofield is enroute but alas it's not to be BUT I'm working on it. Who know's, perhaps the Schofield God's will smile on me and I'll find some secret stash of cash and it'll still be there to come to it's rightful home.

Thanks GB for thinking of me, it was a match made in heaven, just didn't pan out with the bank book right now, but again it ain't over yet!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

We need this thread!

As most of you know, I had triple bypass surgery on the 1st of June. It all went well and now I'm almost two months beyond the surgery date. My thanks to the Tman and RevRay for their support.

On the 14th of June, I was able walk down the isle to give away my second daughter to marriage. A good time was had by all.

Two days ago, found out that I'll be a grandfather again from the first daughter. This will make three grandkids.

Life is good. Way better than the alternate!
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

MW, congrats on giving your lil girl away, becoming a grandpa and most of all for surviving the big one!

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

I second Tinman's congrats. Good stuff all across the board.

Hopefully your starting to show signs of getting back up to snuff. I know it's a slow process I'm sure.

Exactly the type of post I was hoping for here. Thank you so much!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

1. Last Wednesday I got a new CM9 mag and 8 round 9mm extended mag that I'm going to play around with trying to make a full extended grip somehow.

2. I've been on call for 10 days and tomorrow I'm going to buy some good Brandy and have a few drinks. Can't wait. Look for a loose lipped post tomorrow night on Kahrtalk.

3. Yes, it's OK to be addicted to Kahrtalk. I am too. Best place to hang out.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks guys.

Got to add - This month eliminated two doctors from the have to see regime. Cardiac surgeon and cardiopulmonary doctor. Only two left, but I'm real sure I'll be seeing them for quite a while.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Default lawn work

so after about 6 hours of working in the yard, I went to Dicks and bought some scope rings so I could mount this Bushnell Trophy on the old Mark1. I can't shoot any better but at least I can see what I'm hitting past 25 yards. 22s make mighty small holes. Great day overall.

Thanks for the feel good thread Colonel. I'm looking forward to seeing what gets posted in here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    We need this thread!

As most of you know, I had triple bypass surgery on the 1st of June. It all went well and now I'm almost two months beyond the surgery date. My thanks to the Tman and RevRay for their support.

On the 14th of June, I was able walk down the isle to give away my second daughter to marriage. A good time was had by all.

Two days ago, found out that I'll be a grandfather again from the first daughter. This will make three grandkids.

Life is good. Way better than the alternate!
    my Mom, Father-in-law and Aunt Karen have all been down the triple bypass path too. Good news is they each came out feeling 10 years younger. Amazing how good you feel once everything's working the way it's supposed to. Glad you are recovering well.
    ​O|||||||O

Talking

I discovered Scotch. I tried Johhny Walker Red and liked it, now I must move it up a step to the Johnny Walker Black, heard it is better. Anyone suggest other scotchs that are good and reasonably priced?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!