Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time Kahr owner...Holster options?

Default First time Kahr owner...Holster options?

So I just ordered my first Kahr, went with the CM9. I want a good pocket holster and a good IWB holster. What are your experiences with Remora and Crossbreed? Others? Thanks for the input!!

Default Re: First time Kahr owner...Holster options?

I run my CM9 in a N82 Tactical Professional holster. Very comfortable and secure. I don't pocket carry since my pockets are normally full of other EDC items.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I own a Crossbreed but don't wear it often. I haven't gotten comfortable with using it and tucking my shirt over the pistol. It's hard to tuck the shirt and not make it obvious that a pistol is under the shirt. It's also relatively difficult to uncover and draw from the holster. I will wear the Crossbreed if I'm wearing an undershirt and can leave my top shirt untucked. For something in the style of the Crossbreed, I prefer the N8^2 Tactical holsters.

I don't have a Remora but I do have a DeSantis Nemesis. I think they are pretty similar and the Nemesis is a good holster.

I use a Kusiak IWB holster in a K9. Well made and only$35. Kusiak makes holsters for the Kahr's 3 and 31/2" barrel pistols. I tried to pocket carry my cm9 when i had it and didn't like it. A ramora or DeSantis holster IWB will work too. I do like the security of a steel belt clip and leather IWB though. Also, buy a GOOD quality belt. Can't go wrong there! Remember, our triggers are always ready to go. No safety on the gun. Thank god.

Be safe, shoot straight.
    K

Great reminder, kurtj, about the belt.

It doesn't matter how great your holster is if your belt is crap and it flops outboard with the weight of the pistol. Go to http://rockyriverleather.com/content/index.php for a fantastic belt.

JFootin here on KahrTalk told me about the Stays Put Ultra, which I bought and really like. But here's a secret ... even though it's a pocket carry holster, he said it also works great as an AIWB. I took his advice and tried it, and he's absolutely right. I went one step further and added a nylon loop (see below) which I bend over & put my belt through to make it even more snug when I use it AIWB. And when it's in my pocket, the loop doesn't get in the way at all when I try to draw, and it also helps to make sure that the rear of the slide prints even less. BTW, my Stays Put looks slightly different because I have a CT Laser on my CM9.

Last edited by RevRay; 07-25-2013 at 07:08 AM.

I carry a PM9 in front pocket of cargo shorts with either a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster or a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Those are the 2 best I found because not all pockets are shaped the same. IWB I use a Mr. Softy from High Noon holsters. Very comfortable.

I have a remora I use for my pm9 and it works very well for me for iwb holster but too big for a pocket holster. Have a Mika holster for pocket carry that also would recommend. A lot of people on this forum would probably recommend a pj holster as well. I have one and like it but the remora works better for me as is easy to remove and put back on and don't need to wear a gun belt for it. Have heard of a sticky holster that is like a remora only thinner but have not tried it. Half the fun is ordering and trying new holsters and see what works best for you. Good luck and enjoy your new kahr!!:59:
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

For me a pocket holster (DeSantis) works best since I almost always tuck my shirt in. PJ IWB a quick and convenient holster, also lightweight and secure. N82 holster most comfortable of all. Single clip IWB holsters for me are more difficult than the double clip hybrids to "blouse" the shirt over without printing. I also have a mental hang-up about visible clips on my belt. Have not tried the Ramora tuckable holster (no clips) but would like to hear from any one that has used one. Old Faithful has good hybrids at a good price.

Default Re: First time Kahr owner...Holster options?

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    For me a pocket holster (DeSantis) works best since I almost always tuck my shirt in. PJ IWB a quick and convenient holster, also lightweight and secure. N82 holster most comfortable of all. Single clip IWB holsters for me are more difficult than the double clip hybrids to "blouse" the shirt over without printing. I also have a mental hang-up about visible clips on my belt. Have not tried the Ramora tuckable holster (no clips) but would like to hear from any one that has used one. Old Faithful has good hybrids at a good price.
    My Old Faithful came in Monday for my CW9. So far, I am liking it.
    (this space intentionally left blank)