Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: update on broken follower

Default update on broken follower

After approximately 500 trouble free rounds through my PM9, the 6 round magazine follower broke. On July 25 I called Kahr and was sent a new follower which I received on Aug. 3. After reading a post by CJB which described the reason and cure for broken followers, I followed his advise. I removed the slide and barrel, installed the barrel only in gun with slide lock pin in place. I inserted the magazine and pushed rearward on the barrel showing where the barrel feed ramp made contact with the magazine follower. It was difficult for me to tell exactly where the ramp was hitting so I applied a small amount of fingernail polish(my wife's, not mine) to the bottom of the feed ramp, pushed rearward on the barrel and inserted the magazine. Upon removing the barrel the nail polish was smudged where it was making contact. I sanded and polished the feed ramp where it was making contact and pa-pow! No more ramp/follower contact.
    I just returned from the range after shooting 100 rounds with not a single problem. It is still early to tell but I think the problem is solved.

I believe that the proper term is ka-pow, but it sound like you got it. Good job, hogsnguns.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

VERY NICE WORK INDEED, CJB is also one smart sob to. I wouldbetit didn't takemucyh to getthat clearanceeither,did it.

again nice work. Muggs is right is it KA-POW....

I have no issues with u wearihg finge rnail polish either. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Haha, I knew a man named papow so we said pa-pow when ever we were pleased with anything. I guess that saying just stuck with me. Pa-pow!

i get 20 percent........

consultation fee!!!!!

glad it worked out!~

and I get the utter 80% for not buttin in on ur fine fix...Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thank you CJB for your help. I figured I couldn't hurt it if I went slow. I could always sent it back to Kahr for repairs but I like to work on my own stuff. As in the song by Trace Atkins "HELL, I CAN DO THAT".
    I love this forum! Lots of smart people and good advise here.
    By the way, the check is in the mail. I hope it doesn't get lost (lol).

Jocko, I tore off 80% of CJB's check and sent it to you. haha

thaat will be OK, he and I will meet in daytna some day and tape it back and then split a nice cold one. U did a super job, CJB just guided u, but u did the mod and u did it right. I normally would not recommend a person to do that though, for unless they are gifted like u were, they can void their warranty fast that way. But ur right about one thing, we do have alot of very smart people on this forum and 995 of them are here to help anyne who comes askin. Jusdt sayin

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I would have thanked Jocko for the compliment, sayin I was was a smart (assed) sob. But considering he also called Forrest Gump a smart sob.... I dunno....