Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Little Foxx and CM9

Default Little Foxx and CM9

I just received my Little Foxx today for my CM9. It has everything I was looking for to replace my Don Hume IWB. I like the cant option and the fact that shirts are tuckable. But when I draw with any kind of forward motion before the gun is clear of the holster it pretty much locks in place. A nearly vertical draw allows it to come out cleanly. Not sure if this is standard with these holsters or not. I don't have this problem on any other holster.

I like being able to start my forward movement while drawing upward. Anyone experience this issue?

Just a thought, but if you're trying to bring the gun forward before it's clear of the holster, maybe you are not using enough forward cant?

The holster only has two positions, upright and canted. On other pistols and holsters I have you can begin to move the gun in an upward sweep without having to be totally clear. I will practice more to see if maybe it's just me. But Foxx is only about 40 minutes from my house and I plan on calling them on Monday or stop by their place.

I stopped by Foxx this afternoon and showed Ray the problem I was having with drawing the weapon cleanly. He tried with his own Kahr and had the same problem, He tried reforming the Kydex but it didn't completely solve the issue. He then proceeded to make me a brand new holster on the spot with a little more room for movement of the slide while drawing. Works perfectly now and is exactly what I was hoping for. A great company and product, I plan on using them for other holster needs as they arise.

Default Little Foxx and CM9

Pictures would be sweet for those of us lacking a ambitious imagination!!
    This place isn't safe.

Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Here are a few pics of the holster after it was replaced. The last one shows the area of the gap that was increased to allow for a smoother draw. The front of the ejection port was getting caught on the Kydex. The holster has plenty of retention as the gun does not fall out when holding the holster upside down and shaking it. It is even tighter once you are wearing it yet easy to draw and re-holster.

Nice! Price? Thx!...
    Tomac
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

Check out the Foxx link but they are only $39 with free shipping http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com...s-details.aspx