Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My frist kahr cm9

Default My frist kahr cm9

Picked up my new cm9 yesterday, brought it home field strpped it, and gave it a cleaning and oiling, rack it 500 times cleaned and lubed it again. took it to the range to day 200rds thru it, ran perfect not one problem, I think the 200rds is more to break you in to the gun, it was even fine when i would slingshot it , great little gun, got a couple x mags for it and a remora holster.is break cleaner ok to flush the striker channel? don'n want to melt any plastic thanks

Welcome. Your right on all counts. Most of them run fine out of the box, some need a bit of the recommended 200 to lap in so to speak but mostly it's operator/gun bonding as you say. The sling shot load will get even better as the gun wears in some. The key there is a proper sling shot, can't ride the slide at all. It needs all the momentum it can get to go into full battery.
    A lot happening in a small package.

Brake cleaner is fine for flushing the striker. Non Clorinated but I think all the stuff you can buy now days is non clorinated so it should all work fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Glad to hear you cleaned and lubed your cm9 before shooting. It will help the range session. You will enjoy your gun the more you shoot it. If in the event you do have any problems or concerns this is the place to ask any questions. Many smart and knowledgeable people are on this site. Friendly too. I really enjoy my pm9.
    Happy range sessions!

I'm not one of the knowledgeable people mentioned above, but I am a Kahr lover. Welcome to the club ... and congrats on a great first outing with your first Kahr ... it won't be your last ... good outing or Kahr.
    Last edited by RevRay; 08-08-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Sounds like you got it all figured out and I think you are right with the statement about breaking in the ownwer !! Did you do all 500 rounds in a day by your self? If you did , you da man. One tough shooter. Good to go with brake cleaner , My cm9 racks slicker than most larger pistols I have . ya picked a great small pistol. But there kinda like lay's. You can't have just one.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    . But there kinda like lay's. You can't have just one.
    Oh, you mean potato chips. Twas in the gutter for a second there....
    ​O|||||||O

And welcome edog!
    ​O|||||||O

World's best pocket pistol.

Thanks guys, took a few rdn's to get the feel of this pistol.but by the end of 200 rounds, the gun just felt right in my hand, it's a keeper.

That is great.
    ...we encourage you, brothers, to do so even more, to seek to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands...