Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights

View Poll Results: Would you add a 464 SPX to your collection?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's cool.

2 6.90%
  • I'd take one if someone gave me one.

11 37.93%
  • I wouldn't have that in my safe if someone gave me one.

5 17.24%
  • Ugliest rifle I've ever seen.

11 37.93%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 464 SPX. Beauty or Abomination?

Default Mossberg 464 SPX. Beauty or Abomination?

This is the Mossberg tactical 464 SPX, a 30-30 with plastic stock. Some folks like it, others see it as an abomination. It might be a good rifle for harsh weather conditions, but I like wood furniture better.
    Read more about it at: http://www.guns.com/review/2013/08/0...n-30-30-video/

Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Beauty is of course to the eye of the beholder but that is NOT my cup of tea.

Very few guns I would say that about.

I have to vote obomination.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If I bought something like that I'd afraid to carry it outside for fear God would rain down lightning bolts on it....God don't like ugly....

It's no uglier than the Kel Tec SU-16C, but a "tacticool" rifle with a lever action? That's a little odd.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Only thing I can see, is it might be suited for cold rainy climates, where you wouldn't want to expose your nice wooden stocked rifles. Or maybe a gun to keep on your boat, or something.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

What's not to like? it's easy to reload on the fly and and has all of the latest features except the "dreaded" ones like detachable magazine and semi-auto operation. It's a WITSHTF rifle! If it were stainless and a pistol caliber... or more a powerful, war loading it would be even better, but the tubular magazine doesn't work well with centerfire, pointy rounds!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

It does have that advantage, you could throw it in the truck bed from 20ft away and not be concerned.

Dehorn it enough and it would make a decent saddle gun for the same reason.

The 30-30 to me isn't a bad round really, little more reach and usually not difficult to find.

I might have to change my vote to I'd take it if someone gave it to me, but I'd have to wear a sack over my head whenever I held it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My take on it is that it's just plain butt ugly, but I wouldn't want to be on the business end of a .30-30 carbine. When push comes to shove, I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it. So, I voted that I'd take one if someone were to give it to me but I can't see myself spending money on one when I could be putting that same money towards a WWI or WWII US milsurp rifle or a Kahr pistol.

Default Re: Mossberg 464 SPX. Beauty or Abomination?

I'll take it if no one else wants it. No bag needed.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Now nephew we might have to talk.

Remember our chat about the importance of looking cool at all times no matter what? Hmmm. Have your forgotten so soon.

Now if one comes to you for free, I'll try to not dwell on it and look the other way but don't lower yourself to begging just for a sows ear.
    If your gonna beg, go for something grand, like a Garand, or a Wilson pistol or something worth begging for.

Your Loving Uncle.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan