Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken mag follower on cm9

Default Broken mag follower on cm9

I just realized I had a broken piece of plastic rattling around in my mag! I got a second mag in the mail today and discovered the broken one when trying the new one. 200 rounds through the gun. I wouldn't even have noticed, no failures to feed.

send this photo to kahr attn: Jay and ask for his advvise....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I just emailed Jay about my 7 round magazines yesterday. He said to send to send my mags backa nd they would replace them. He would probably do the same for you if you emailed and asked.

I just sent the picture to the service email address. If they'll send out a new follower, then I'll replace it, but if I have to mail it off, well, I can't see me ever getting around to it unless it stops feeding bullets. Odds are it will just break again anyway. I'll just use the new one for carry and the broken one at the range.

Does anyone make a replacement follower that is better quality plastic?

No but it sounds like a fantastic opportunity for some entrepreneur to start a business making high quality magazines for the thousands of Kahr pistols being sold with crappy factory ones....

The broken follower is not a magazine issue but a feed ramp tolerance problem and IMHO Kahr needs to address it at the factory before they ship out another pistol and in addition they should offer a voluntary recall to the pistols in the serial number range where they started seeing problems begin to occur....I love my Kahr pistol but at this point I wouldn't recommend a new CM/CW/PM pistol to a friend until this problem is corrected by the factory and newly manufactured pistols work as good as my 6 year old one that has never had a problem of any kind....

I'm hoping it's just a break in thing and this second mag doesn't break. We shall see after the next 200 rounds.

I just got 500 rounds from lax ammunition. This stuff gets good reviews, but some of the shells look like rejects from the big manufacturers.

Default i WOULD

Quote Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
    I just sent the picture to the service email address. If they'll send out a new follower, then I'll replace it, but if I have to mail it off, well, I can't see me ever getting around to it unless it stops feeding bullets. Odds are it will just break again anyway. I'll just use the new one for carry and the broken one at the range.

Does anyone make a replacement follower that is better quality plastic?
    NOT ADVISE U DOING WHAT UR SAYIN.G. pUT IN the new follower, ANDIF IT BREAKS INDEED LET KAHR HAVE IT BACK, TURN AROUND TIME IS A WEEK, THEY WILL PAY BOTH WAYS. do it right. BECVAUSE IT BROKE AND NEVER GAVE AN ISSUE IS NOT PROF IN THE PUDDIN THAT IT WILL BE ok IF IT BREAKS AGAIN. i HAVE STATED MANY TIMES,i BROKE ONE FOLLOWErR IN MY pmj9 A FEW YEARS BACK. iINSTALLED A NEW FOLLOWER and IT HAS NEVER OCCURED AGAIN. mORE THAN LIKELY THAT IS WHY KAHR LIKEs TO SEND A FREE FOLLOWER TO TEST OUT. If it breaks again, send the gun back, they made it, they will make it right. Its a great gun, why chance going out with it "half cocked"
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post

NOT ADVISE U DOING WHAT UR SAYIN.G. pUT IN the new follower, ANDIF IT BREAKS INDEED LET KAHR HAVE IT BACK, TURN AROUND TIME IS A WEEK, THEY WILL PAY BOTH WAYS. do it right. BECVAUSE IT BROKE AND NEVER GAVE AN ISSUE IS NOT PROF IN THE PUDDIN THAT IT WILL BE ok IF IT BREAKS AGAIN. i HAVE STATED MANY TIMES,i BROKE ONE FOLLOWErR IN MY pmj9 A FEW YEARS BACK. iINSTALLED A NEW FOLLOWER and IT HAS NEVER OCCURED AGAIN. mORE THAN LIKELY THAT IS WHY KAHR LIKEs TO SEND A FREE FOLLOWER TO TEST OUT. If it breaks again, send the gun back, they made it, they will make it right. Its a great gun, why chance going out with it "half cocked"
    They are sending out a new follower. So you are saying if it breaks again to send the gun back? What is the deal with your caps lock key? I think the caps lock follower is broken.

operator error, , but yes I am saying if it breaks again IT MUST GO BACK. Kahr will also tell you that also.oftentimes things jchange oh so smallin these gun after break in that theissue goes away. Not betting either way on this either. so keep an eye on the magazine.It is not a magazine/flllower issue, it is a feed ramp issue ramming the follower.If that followe r was made out of titanium, it would ram that follower to the point of busint out the back of the magazine....Kahr knows they have an issue here, IMO this should be hind us to and not occurring period. sometimes wedon't know either just how new a gun is when one buys it either. It could have been floating around in "sales heaven" for awhile.Give um one more break and then back it goes. do it right and u will love that little gun....

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post

So Jocko,
    If sending the mag only then it obviously was a mag problem. Then if you bought another mag you would assume you'd have the same problem if all the mags are made the same. If so then you's have to send the new in, right? Or have they changed the newer followers to eliminate the problem?