Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk9 DuoTone

Default Mk9 DuoTone

I am in the process of completing a trade for a GC series Mk9, I assume that the slide has a tenifer/melonite type finish,I will probably send it to Birdsong to refinish it in Black T. Has box and all paperwork,but no 7 rd mag.Are all the issues with the 7 rd mags fixed?,Also what is the market value on the gun? The trade is my Hamden supermatic citation High Standard it is in about 80-90% condition depending on the grader. I have around 5 in the gun so dollar wise I am okay don't have an accurate market value on the H.S. but due to severe tendinitis in my right wrist and elbow can't shoot the H S due to the weight . Thanks for reading and for any help or advice Karl

I can't say for sure on the value but its in that 500 range give or take.

Many of those duo tones were originally Birdsong finishes. Again I'm not sure of the dates and what or if they used other finishes.

I know the did use Birdsong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm fairly up to speed on the MK9 Duo Tones as the link below will suggest ...

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18180

I've been following just about all the activity on those particular Kahrs on Armslist, Gunbroker and GunsAmerica for the past six or so months. On the high end they sold for about $650 which were some BNIB models which were actually about 12 years old never sold models with very low serial numbers. The lowest price was mine which I bought for $380 on GunBroker, but it was mis-labled with no picture so it didn't get a good look by the buying public. If you were able to get one in good condition for $500 that would be a very fair trade. Mine is currently at Birdsong for a Black-T refinish, but I should warn you that their turn-around time is about 10-12 weeks. Be sure to keep us posted on how things go, and be sure to post a picture ... especially on the thread link above as that's where we're trying to keep all the MK9 Duo Tone info.

Thanks for the info, doing the trade in the a.m. Been looking for a good carry gun, I have serious back issues and although I am 6 ft and 220lbs My back is Swiss cheese due to a military injury. So for protection of self and family I have carried for the past 25 yrs. I currently carry a HK P2000sk in 40sw,but I wanted a highest quality micro in a serious defensive caliber. I am looking forward to getting to know my new friend.Btw the sn is a four digit GC series so am am not sure if it a Black T or a tenifer finish on the slide

It may have been all stainless and somebody had the slide coated too. Hadn't considered that.

An email with that SN to Kahr might shed some light.

I know they can pin the date, weather they keep track of how it left the factory I do not know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks but that's not a worry box is marked Duo tone

That takes care of that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Not sure how you carry but IMHO, MKs require good IWB/OWB holsters as they are too heavy for pocket carry. The PM series are better for that.

Good luck with the purchase & refinish.

I've been carrying my MK in front pocket for a long time...............just depends on your perspective, a good belt, or good suspenders....................

Big Tony doesn't have enough posts, so here are two pics of his MK9 Duo Tone.