CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Bearhug Holsters

Default Bearhug Holsters

Hey everyone!
    New to Kahr and this forum. I recently purchased a PM9 and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on an IWB Bearhug Holster? Thanks

Welcome to the forum. You should enjoy the PM9. Let us know how it works out for you.

I haven't heard much about bearhug holsters that I can remember. Quite a few folks use a PJ holster due to it being so thin. It's made out of kydex. I initially used a Don Hume IWB and then I made myself a kydex similar to a PJ holster and I use that sometimes now.

Today I pocket carried my CM9 in a cheapo Uncle Mikes that I bought for about $11 and cut the clip off. It works OK.

I still like IWB or OWB for my Kahr's though if wearing shorts. My LCP pocket carries best in shorts because I don't even notice it's there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Link?

Welcome from the Jersey Shore.

Here's the link to the Bear Holsters:

http://bearhugholsters.com/bear-hug-.../ARM-SHMO.html

Leather wrapped Kydex sounds interesting, as Kydex tends to be rough on gun finishes....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    Welcome from the Jersey Shore.

Here's the link to the Bear Holsters:

http://bearhugholsters.com/bear-hug-.../ARM-SHMO.html

Leather wrapped Kydex sounds interesting, as Kydex tends to be rough on gun finishes....
    At $75 each, I'd need to be persuaded that these offer some fairly significant advantage.

NRA Member

Maybe it's just me, but I would not spend $75 for a product via a website with so many spelling errors, lack of proper punctuation, capitalization, etc...

Whether it's a scam site or the owner simply has no pride in his company's image... either way it's a turnoff.

Also, looking at a closeup of the photo, it looks like the leather is only on the outside... so the gun's finish will wear the same over time, while the holster is now thicker due to the added leather.

No kidding. And the fact that they are all Kydex. That's the main turnoff for me.

If you want all Kydex, and I have three of them, look hard at PJ's. Daily carry for me for over two years and I have never even considered anything else since I started using them for my,
    PM9
    Shield
    J frames
    http://pjholster.com/

"Never pet a burning dog"

Likewise. I own two PJ Holster AIWB holsters and two JPHolster pocket holsters. One of each type for my CM9 and P380. Best holster for the money made by someone who takes pride in his work and cares about the satisfaction of his customers. Paul is one fine guy.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thanks everyone for the great input!
    I'll let you know which way I go and how it works out .