Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
Yeah, I'm hooked on clays too. Just like anything, you can get carried away on equipment. Each discipline prefers a special gun. I shoot trap with an O/U skeet gun and do okay. I agree with jocko...the day I get too serious....

For now I'll follow CSN's advice: "love the one you're with".
UPDATE: yeah I lied my a$$ off on that one. I wound up buying/selling a whole basket full of shotguns before I landed on a Beretta O/U that I now use for all clays games. No complaints though. It was fun trying them all out and I bought them all used and was able to recoup most of the investment when I sold them. But YOU CERTAINLY CAN GET CARRIED AWAY. That much is true.

P.S. I hung onto that neat old O/U Weatherby Orion that I was talking about even though I'll never shoot it for clays. It's just a beauty.

P.S.S. I still owe gratitude to Chrish for getting me hooked on IDPA. I don't compete. I just show up when I can. Yet the other shooters are very welcoming. It's a great sport. I generally show up with a CZP07 in 40sw, a fobus double mag holder + a spare mag in my cargo pocket (for load and make ready) and a Vedder hybrid OWB slide holster. I don't even know what class I shoot. Just wherever they put me. I shoot BUG with one of the Kahrs.